• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Your biggest issue with Oakley's today

This is one of my biggest issues with the forum. I don't mean to single you out, but it's something I need to get off my chest. Everyone wants to gripe about how everything that comes out is "tired" or "derivative". Look at an Oakley catalog from 1999 and you see about as much diversity. Unless you know the brand and the pairs well a Five, Ten, Minute, Straight Jacket, Eye Jacket, XX all look pretty much the same. The real core pairs that most people bought.

My man, you are a hero. I salute you for bringing it up. Alot of long time Oakley fans notice this but it always falls on deaf ears when it's brought up. When Oakley likes a certain design, they reuse and evolve it until they can go no further it. It's happened in the past, it's happening now, and it'll continue to happen in the future.

my biggest issue with oakley today is related with the poster main concern which is the end of made in USA line. But for oakley God sake, why do you advertised "made in china" in some oakley frames, can you just put it somewhere in the box labelling. Its not helping the brand at all! Yeah i get it, everything is made in china!

i'm not sure if Oakley wants to be a brand for the ''older'' people. If i see what events they sponsor their image is not really focussing on the older people with disposable income. (even though their prices would make you thinks so :p)
I think company wise Oakley is still doing great even for us ''complainers''? Raise your hand if you did not buy a model that has ben released in the last 4 years.
Let's say 100 people out here are now with their hand in the air. That is such a small amount, Oakley shouldn't even care for. I think on this forum are some of the biggest private clients of Oakley but, If you see it on the bigger scale we are, even with 100+ pairs a person, nothing else then Ants in this big big market.

So 1000 people on this forum who want to hold on the past (including myself) is nothing compared to the thousands and thousands of new clients who like the ''rayban style'' of new Oakleys
I sadly agree with this :( truth hurts...

my biggest issue with oakley today is related with the poster main concern which is the end of made in USA line. But for oakley God sake, why do you advertised "made in china" in some oakley frames, can you just put it somewhere in the box labelling. Its not helping the brand at all! Yeah i get it, everything is made in china!

Agree with this. I don't really mind where they are made if quality is maintained but don't like seeing 'made in China' on the sunglasses. I know that's somehow wrong or hypocritical, but it's how I feel.

Agree with this. I don't really mind where they are made if quality is maintained but don't like seeing 'made in China' on the sunglasses. I know that's somehow wrong or hypocritical, but it's how I feel.

yeah its in the arms mostly, can somebody tell oakley people to ditch this wrong judgement in marketing. I hope its just a glitch and not intentionally put there, coz if they do it on purpose thats mortifying!

yeah its in the arms mostly, can somebody tell oakley people to ditch this wrong judgement in marketing. I hope its just a glitch and not intentionally put there, coz if they do it on purpose thats mortifying!
I think it by law bro that's why they have to put it there MADE IN CHINA as with my tinfoils lol.

I think it by law bro that's why they have to put it there MADE IN CHINA as with my tinfoils lol.

really? man, i hate to say this but that law sucks for the brand, is it a international law? or its in the production area where the frame is manufactured? im not aware of it and if anyone can enlighten me why i will appreciate the input. sucks :(

really? man, i hate to say this but that law sucks for the brand, is it a international law? or its in the production area where the frame is manufactured? im not aware of it and if anyone can enlighten me why i will appreciate the input. sucks :(
I believe its a law in china jon that they have to stamp made in china in all the products that's made there, now they can put assembled in china if the materials are from here but if all are made there and not exported they have to stamp MADE IN CHINA.

Back