• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Your biggest issue with Oakley's today

I agree with everyone. Innovations has stopped. The idea of innovation is a new Theme pair (don't get me wrong, some are awesome ;)) but where is the x metal? To me without X metal Oakley is just another pair of sunglasses... Bring back the edgy, "purpose beyond reason"!!!

In other threads I've argued for the business case of why they don't do it, but despite that, I do wish they offered replacement lenses of greater variety (i.e. a greater range of the available colors), both in general and specifically for frames that have been discontinued but still have a following (i.e. x-metals).

Tell them they should have a line called the edge. That is the line were they should be more daring and push the limit a bit. The elite line brought back produce limited and numbered sunglasses.. I get think young, but the middle-aged have more disposable Income and stick with brands they like. Basically life long customers as long as you keep giving them what they crave.

"The Edge"... I don't know if it makes a good business case but I really like the idea...

As long as the price point isn't too outrageous... :D

Hi guys, great replies, thanks I enjoyed reading them and a lot of food for thought.

I'm not here as an apologist for anything Lux is doing despite a few opinions I've had suggesting, in fact I left the company because I didn't agree with the direction it was going.

I really do love the product and if still might have the voice to bend a few ears back at the company, I am going to do so. I think a lot, if not all of what is already in this thread is very, very valid.

They only focus on flat front frames i.e. holbrook enduro frogskins etc. no love for the wrap frames like batwolf fuel cell oil rig antix etc. i hate the 6 base curve frames!

Tell them they should have a line called the edge. That is the line were they should be more daring and push the limit a bit. The elite line brought back produce limited and numbered sunglasses.. I get think young, but the middle-aged have more disposable Income and stick with brands they like. Basically life long customers as long as you keep giving them what they crave.

This is a great idea actually. Even to a casual customer, the mere thought of a distinguished line (that isn't priced like Elite) could instill the perspective that "wow, I think this is the cooler stuff because it's not with the rest".

As opposed to "why are there some weird pairs with the rest of these normal ones? I'm just a casual. Derp."

In other threads I've argued for the business case of why they don't do it, but despite that, I do wish they offered replacement lenses of greater variety (i.e. a greater range of the available colors), both in general and specifically for frames that have been discontinued but still have a following (i.e. x-metals).
Over the edge lol

Back