• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Lopaka's DIY Garage (2.0)

So these are the extra blue pieces I didn't use. I originally wanted to go with black hubs. But I couldn't nail down a nice even black color for some reason. So these will become a whole different project later. The eye sockets are here somewhere. :cool:🤙

IMG_3031.JPG

You still using Tamiya rattle cans? I may try this out myself. I’ll check and see if they make an OD and Coyote 🪖👍

I have more than a couple pair of O-Matter beater frames now and a small paint box with exhaust motors 😏

You still using Tamiya rattle cans? I may try this out myself. I’ll check and see if they make an OD and Coyote 🪖👍

I have more than a couple pair of O-Matter beater frames now and a small paint box with exhaust motors 😏
Yes. They have some nice colors and it's easy and convenient to use. And I can find any color I want on ebay. But I did start using a better clear a while back and it made a big difference. This is actually a failed attempt. A Forty-Niner NSJ. My first NSJ. I'm using angles to hide imperfections, and there's a bunch. Wasn't going to put this together as I'm unhappy with just about every piece used. But I have another beater to use for the next NSJ project, so I'll keep this as is and use it as a work pair. I'll have to recreate this again one day and make it better. :cool:🤙

IMG_3085.JPG
IMG_3087.JPG
IMG_3100.JPG

Yes. They have some nice colors and it's easy and convenient to use. And I can find any color I want on ebay. But I did start using a better clear a while back and it made a big difference. This is actually a failed attempt. A Forty-Niner NSJ. My first NSJ. I'm using angles to hide imperfections, and there's a bunch. Wasn't going to put this together as I'm unhappy with just about every piece used. But I have another beater to use for the next NSJ project, so I'll keep this as is and use it as a work pair. I'll have to recreate this again one day and make it better. :cool:🤙

View attachment 1107547View attachment 1107548View attachment 1107549
what is the new clear ur using now a days brother

BRAVO!!! 😍🙌

I think it’s a great match! I am “Digging” that dark grey 🪖👍
It's called German Gray. So "Danke Schoen". :cool:🤙

I'm digging what I did too. Might be my best work yet. Lots of focus and smooth results compared to past work. Should only get better the more I do. I hope. Lol. Everyone. Send those beater Valves my way please. I need the practice.

Last edited:
Back