• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Buying 1st Gen Juliet Ruby Lenses

• Thread starter Username Hidden
  • Start date
They look so different in and out of the sun, almost like different pairs.

Some people reacted to this post.
They do, but even in natural daylight on a very pale background and with nothing behind them so to speak, you can still see the depth of colour in the lens.

Oh no doubt, much better than the later batches for sure!

Definitely. I think they decided to yellow up the fire lens on the introduction of the Ruby in order to differentiate the colours. The original fires are difficult to come across these days in good order and to be honest, in a X Metal (grey) frame, would look every bit as good as an early Ruby lens.

Username Hidden said:
Definitely. I think they decided to yellow up the fire lens on the introduction of the Ruby in order to differentiate the colours. The original fires are difficult to come across these days in good order and to be honest, in a X Metal (grey) frame, would look every bit as good as an early Ruby lens.
No doubt! Hopefully my Rubies come in this week...

Great stuff. Let me know what they are like and remember they're not the easier things to photograph and need to be viewed in natural daylight to see their true colour.

Username Hidden said:
Great stuff. Let me know what they are like and remember they're not the easier things to photograph and need to be viewed in natural daylight to see their true colour.
Thanks for the reminder bud, i'll keep that in mind.

Hey everybody, I just want y'all to know I found a pair of Juliet Ruby lenses, very dark, brand new, and they were only $100. I don't know why everyone thinks it's "impossible", I just had to ask around. In fact, I actually found two pair. I just wanted to let future readers of this post know so they don't give up hope or something.

Send Pics of this Ruby please. so we can all see your find. Make sure it is in the daylight to get true color from them

Username Hidden said:
Send Pics of this Ruby please. so we can all see your find. Make sure it is in the daylight to get true color from them
Can I send a pic through PM? I'm not one so it won't let me upload my pictures from my computer