• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

2014 College Football Season - now for 2015!!!

thankfully TCU tried for 2 otherwise OU might have lost in OT

There's still lots of ways things can play out but I think right now OU's in the best position to win the Big12. Assuming Baker Mayfield recovers from that targeting hit... really I'm surprised they let him play all the way until halftime after that one...

But even with Ohio St tripping up I still think the Big12 will get shut out of the playoffs again... I still think it needs to go to 8 teams, you get the conference champs of the Power 5 plus 3 at-large berths for lesser conferences or worthy top-teams in the Power 5 who didn't win their conference... you could fit in another round without pushing out the season / championship game... 4 is too few, 16 too many, 8 just right...

Stupid USC. They had a shot at the Pac 12 championship and a possible shot at the Rose Bowl. Ahhhhh not now. The Ducks for years have given them problems with their odd Offense.
Will pretty sure they will also be looking for a new coach once the season is done. That is after we get to go to the Las Vegas Bowl!! So Sad!!

image.jpeg

It's been looking like Les Miles is on the way out, but now they're saying he's staying. Really, the job he's done there, it'd be premature. Heck, I'd take him over Saban, if we're looking for another coach in a year or so...

Holy ****.

TCU was down 31-0 at halftime, then came back against Oregon to tie at end of regulation and win in 3OT 47-41...

That ties the biggest comeback in bowl history...

Well, another season in the books...

Dang Alabama... That onside kick was brilliant, and that kickoff return TD sealed the deal... Begrudgingly, congrats...

As mentioned during the game commentary, midway through the fourth quarter the score / situation was eerily similar to the 2005 championship (played in Jan '06) between UT and USC. But in that one Vince Young pulled off a comeback victory; had Clemson been able to do the same it would have been another one to vie for the "greatest Championship game" title. But they didn't...

Still, many expected Bama to roll over them. But they fought well, had a chance, and only lost by 5. Good game.

During the end of December I had a little use-it-or-lose-it time off so I got to sit around and watch bowl games. Probably saw about 3/4 of them; considering there's 40 bowls, that's a lot of football. Matchups weren't as good as years past but there were some decent games. I spent so much time sitting in front of a game that The Wife was like, "when football season's over I'm SO gonna hog the TV..."

While The Kid kept asking me with every game, "which ones are the good guys and which are the bad guys?" For most of them I let her pick; she'd choose a team by its color and then keep track of the score, etc; she might actually grow up to be a football fan...

Until next year... :drinks:

Back