• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Fast Jackets On Sale!

I believe the red marks your seeing is overhead canopy reflecting in the frames. I don't think they're peeling, I think it's just the lighting. Maybe we will see some new colorways in this years Tour.

So if they aren't peeling and they appear to be out then I'm hypothesizing someone has attempted to smokescreen us into believing they are never coming out. The fact that they are gone from the oakley site also suggests someone got the exclusivity rights. So IF what we've discussed is true then they are in production and they are now someone's exclusive. Are we up to speed so far?

Take a good look at the first photo and it looks like the red is in the center of the icon, which would indicate lighting (and not peeling) since it is in the middle of the icon and not directly connected. The base for BMX Chrome looks to be clear on the pair I have. There is probably a few pairs of the FMJ in existence still, Oakley always tests them with athletes first and then they make it to production. Remember Fast Jacket came out in last years Ironman; Jawbone came out in the Tour a couple of years ago. I highly doubt they’re peeling, why would Oakley let him advertise a beat up pair and especially if he probably got them for free. Hopefully they are still testing and FMJ will make production sometime soon.

So that possibly proves my theory that Oakley wants to create a frenzy by first saying they have been discontinued then secretly letting them out. Alot of companies do they, they intentially make stuff hard to get to cause chaos, like throwing chum into shark filled waters.

Just saw the Fast Jacket Sky Blue/VR50 & Slate Iridium. Right now they are only under asian fit, but should be available for normal soon too. They also have Polsihed Black/Slate Iridium & G40 and Polished Black/Black Iridium & Clear[FONT=Verdana, Arial, sans-serif].[/FONT]

Last edited:
Just saw the Fast Jacket Sky Blue/VR50 & Slate Iridium. Right now they are only under asian fit, but should be available for normal soon too. They also have Polsihed Black/Slate Iridium & G40 and Polished Black/Black Iridium & Clear[FONT=Verdana, Arial, sans-serif].[/FONT]

Thanks for the update. I checked it out. I wonder why they are just releasing the asian fit right now thats available aug 1st?. In the catalog it said av. sept 2011, so I dont know.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just saw they also added this colorway under the asian fit on Oakley, its Lemon peel/Black iridium Polarized & VR50

Last edited:
Back