• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Gas Can SI's - My Predicament - Kinda Pissed @ Oakley

I think I see what you meant. The Gold Iridium Polarized. Like I said after my post edit, they do look like a decent alternative. It'd be nice if they had they effect of brightening things like the Tungsten Iridium lenses that came with the glasses. Great for shooting.

They would probably look decent with the cerakoted frames, too. I might have to try a set of those. Thanks for the suggestion, Game.

Bronze does, gold is very dark

Oh, man. That sucks. They won't work then. :(

Maybe I'll just have to call Oakley again and beg and plead with them to sell me a pair of the Tungsten Iridium Polarized lenses. I doubt it'll work, but they are the PERFECT lens for what I need, which just so happens to be exactly what they're designed to do. Lol

Last edited:
That was a response to the first post on this page not the second

I think I gotcha. So the bronze lenses brighten things and the gold lenses darken things, right? I wish they had a bronze lens with the Iridium coating. I guess that's essentially what the Tungsten Iridium lenses are, though. So I'm back to square one needing the lenses I already have, but just the polarized version.

Can anyone more knowledgeable than myself explain why Oakley chooses to sell some lenses, but not others? I can't possibly think what their reasoning would be for doing that.

Can anyone more knowledgeable than myself explain why Oakley chooses to sell some lenses, but not others? I can't possibly think what their reasoning would be for doing that.
The Cerakote ones you purchased are part of a limited edition run so they don't produce any more than they plan to make. Possibly the reason the polarized version was back ordered was because they didn't make enough tungsten polarized lenses

Back