• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

GLWS Posts Not Allowed Anymore!?

I can say this forum is the least of my daily worries or annoyances. I really only check out 2-5 threads a day based on the topic or who I see participated. I already know which threads I don't care to read or whose posts I like to avoid. Pretty simple really...

We have discussed this before and it comes up every once and a while. It is nearly impossible to determine what is a "useful" post and what isn't. Once you start down that path it becomes a very slippery slope!

The intro sections are there to welcome new members and allow them to introduce themselves, since it can be intimidating when you first join and see so many posts and jargon. So to say "welcome" isn't useless, its just polite.

Some people may use it to boost post counts, but the only reason to do that would be to gain access to exchange areas, which still wouldn't work since you must be a member for 14 days anyway.

GLWS does get overused sometimes, but it is also used as a bump. I do agree it is hard to stop people from saying it. Even if I implemented a bumping system, there is no way to know if someone is bumping or actually engaged in the thread. We have definitely cut down on discussions in exchange thread which is good, but I don't see GLWS going away any time soon.

Just saying :)

I could go either way, I certainly appreciate it more when there is substance, i.e " Nice pair of Copper Penny's those are rare,it took me a while to find mine" rather than scrolling through "GLWS bro...." countless times.

You know what really aggravates me? Guys like Jummeltje who complain about stupid-a$$ stuff like GLWS posts. You don't like what goes on here? Make your own forum. Otherwise, don't be a jerk. OakleyBoss decides what can or cannot be done here, not you.

I'm not trying to be a dictator here, I just wanted to show our reasoning. The community decides what goes on here, however there are certain things that myself, members and mods have talked about and reasoned that in the long run it would end poorly.