• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!
I have a pair that I do not seem to be able to remove the grease. Tried using Oakley cleaning kit (w clean microfiber), washing w soap and warm water, kim wipes etc.Still, there is this oily rainbow spectrum thing on the lens.

Any idea how to remove them?
I have same problem,did you find solution?
I have few lenses that just cant get cleaned ,still smudgy and impossible to remove it...even with soup or oakley kit :/

I have used my TV cleaner spray and a brand new micro fiber cloth I keep just for my Romeos the combo seems to work very well.

Hi everyone, I’ve just joined the forum and there is some excellent help and info on here.

I have a question that I wondered if someone could answer for me please?

I have just purchased a pair of Oakley Tailpin Polarised sapphire iridium sunglasses (my first pair of Oakleys). I see on the included warranty paperwork, in the care and maintenance section, that Oakley mentions:

“Use either an approved Oakley cleaning solutions or otherwise use a mild soap and water”

I was wondering, with the iridium lenses having a thin film reflective coating, is it OK to clean them with mild soap and water?

And also, could I clean the frame, nose pieces, arms, and lastly the ends of the arms that rest on the side of the head, with some liquid anti bacterial soap?

By mild soap I mean an anti bacterial liquid soap in the pump dispenser bottle.

Thanks in advance.

I had a wonderful experience today.
All my microbags were leaving some film on my glasses.
threw them all in the washing machine.
ran a wool cleaning cycle on them @30Celcius and 600 rpm centrifuge..
all of them came out squeaky clean. Used wool/silk detergent..

I had a wonderful experience today.
All my microbags were leaving some film on my glasses.
threw them all in the washing machine.
ran a wool cleaning cycle on them @30Celcius and 600 rpm centrifuge..
all of them came out squeaky clean. Used wool/silk detergent..

Milo? I do the same from time to time. Easiest to put them in a mesh laundry bag before you throw them in.

Hi guys, new here. Been a huge fan of Oakley's since I was a kid. Just wanna say how lucky you guys in the states are in getting free lifetime refills for the solution. Here in Singapore, there's no such thing, and Oakley's are highly marked up as well!
Very informative thread on here!

Latest Posts

Back