• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

I swear this is the last one...

So this arrived today and I can't get enough of it. This will definitely be one that will get used more than my other timepieces.
View attachment 218503

And this got me thinking... I wish the holiday diamond MM looked more like this... Please forgive the rendering, did not spend too much time on it with photoshop.
View attachment 218504

Holiday diamond MM owners... Please chime in if you like ;)

Congrats! I've got 2 of the red ones and i love them the most. Couldn't afford the diamond version so I did possess the same train of thought as you by adding diamonds to one of mine to pimp it up. Good news is possible, but the bad news is it'd be expensive to do so because you'll literally need to rework the dial. There's not enough room for you to simply glue the rocks in without impeding the movements of the arms :(

Congrats! I've got 2 of the red ones and i love them the most. Couldn't afford the diamond version so I did possess the same train of thought as you by adding diamonds to one of mine to pimp it up. Good news is possible, but the bad news is it'd be expensive to do so because you'll literally need to rework the dial. There's not enough room for you to simply glue the rocks in without impeding the movements of the arms :(
Yeah heard from a friend who consulted with a jeweler that the work alone needed to set the stones is expensive enough to warrant extra $$$. Don't think it justifies a $4,000 price tag but it's definitely going to cost a pretty penny.

IIRC the stones and workmanship were worth about 1k. It's been awhile since I'd looked into this option just for the fun of it. Having said that, if I was to choose between a holiday red diamond mm vs a custom red diamond mm (assuming same price tag at the end) , I'd take the custom any day. I like the contrast of black subdials more

IIRC the stones and workmanship were worth about 1k. It's been awhile since I'd looked into this option just for the fun of it. Having said that, if I was to choose between a holiday red diamond mm vs a custom red diamond mm (assuming same price tag at the end) , I'd take the custom any day. I like the contrast of black subdials more
My thoughts exactly! The contrast of the black subdials definitely make the diamonds pop.

Can somebody who have both the red MM and red diamond MM take a pic of both side by side? :)
I dont have pics yet but I compared them side by side in a variety of light sources at different angles. The red is identical. The combo of bright diamonds and lack of contrast with the all red dials makes it appear to be lighter.

I dont have pics yet but I compared them side by side in a variety of light sources at different angles. The red is identical. The combo of bright diamonds and lack of contrast with the all red dials makes it appear to be lighter.
Color looks very similar with the diamond being a little lighter than the regular one.

Latest Posts

Back