• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

IPhone 5

I have been using my 4 and refusing to use my upgrade for a 4s so I can not wait. I bought my first mac product in college and have not used anything else ever since.

Personally, I'm mildly disappointed. Since Jobs passed away, they really have become lax on hiding their product development. We all know everything about the iPhone 5 and the new earphones months in advance. Wouldn't of happened with Steve around- anybody remember how he flipped out when they lost the iPhone prototype in a bar? Jesus...

I'm torn between the Nokia Lumia 920 and the new iPhone. Using a Galaxy S3 right now running the dev version of Jelly Bean, and must unfortunately say that due to the lack of sandboxing in the Android phones, several apps just don't play well together and when they crash, they take down the whole launcher with them. This is well irritating waiting for the home screen to re-build every time you press the home button.

Come on...!!! Who doesn't love his/hers iPhone
I experimented with an android as a work phone and almost want to smash it to pieces...!!!!

Using a Galaxy S3 right now running the dev version of Jelly Bean, and must unfortunately say that due to the lack of sandboxing in the Android phones, several apps just don't play well together and when they crash, they take down the whole launcher with them. This is well irritating waiting for the home screen to re-build every time you press the home button.

Would you care to explain that in English?

Come on...!!! Who doesn't love his/hers iPhone
I experimented with an android as a work phone and almost want to smash it to pieces...!!!!

iPhone's are easy to use out of the box (that's why old people love it and then call themselves tech savvy...), with android you really need to be into your tech and enjoy personalising the crap out of it. It can be much more powerful than iPhones in the right hands!

Would you care to explain that in English?

Re-building the home screen is when the whole thing crashes and it has to restart the home screen, not the phone.

Sandboxing is what it sounds like. Each application in the iPhone is constricted to it's own little box. This means that app developers have really restrictive guidelines within which they create apps as they cannot have access to the other apps on the phone. This however means that if one app crashes, it crashes its own little sandbox, meaning that it doesn't take down your whole system (sometimes happens on android) and nothing else is affected but the crashed application.

Example A why iPhones are more stable/reliable.

You can have all the fancy specs you want but if it crashes all the time and causes a restart of the home screen, it ain't worth much

What, iPhones dont crash?
From an enterprise point of view, which is what I do, there is very little difference in IOS vs Android. Except with android you get more than one choice..

Latest Posts

Back