• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

IPhone 5

I have ics on a touchpad and don't really care for it. Not all apps are available for everything, and it seems like I can never find the damn app in looking for.

What, iPhones dont crash?
From an enterprise point of view, which is what I do, there is very little difference in IOS vs Android. Except with android you get more than one choice..

Never said they don't crash. But then they do, they don't take the whole phone down with them.

iPhones... Planned obsolescence at its finest. Last year's features and next year's prices.

Posted using Tapatalk from my Android-powered, removable battery equipped, external memory enabled, EVO 3D.

I'll probable need to wait till the 5S or whatever it's called since my upgrade isnt until next year. Maybe someone will have bought my iphone 4 by then haha.

Posted using Tapatalk from my Android-powered, removable battery equipped, external memory enabled, EVO 3D.

More phones like the Lumia 920 are trying to slim down and therefore lose the ability to remove batteries as that takes up valuable space (kudos to Samsung with the Galaxy S3 who managed to retain removable batteries), that also means that lots of companies also started dropping external memory support (it's also a great way to push up the device's price!). So that argument is a matter of sacrifice- want an exchangable battery and micro SD cards? Prepare to limit the 'thinness' of your devices. Want a thin device? Put up with having to pay for inflated prices for extra storage space.

What, iPhones dont crash?
From an enterprise point of view, which is what I do, there is very little difference in IOS vs Android. Except with android you get more than one choice..

From an enterprise pov, android is easier to run as you can actually network them all together properly and just make them work! That's why iPads are a stupid choice to give to employees. But since I'm a private consumer, that doesn't really bother me.

I mean, all in all, all the phones are copying each other constantly- so the smartphone market is pretty much merging together slowly. It's down to your personal choice.

I will, however, miss the deep integration of so many apps in android like the ability to share whichever file I want, from any app with another app.

So basically, it's personal preference and I'm not a crazy fanboy of either OS. I just wander between all of them as I like exploring the differences and similarities between phones and their operating systems.

However, I think we can all agree that BlackBerry sucks :biggrin:

Well, seeing as I have iTunes, I'm kind of tied to an iPhone I guess.

WTF is BB? :confused:
There are more apps for IOS for sure. But most of them are useless fart apps and stuff that isnt very functional.
Too bad MS waited so long to get in it. They are going to have a tough road ahead of them.
Im all Android here, but most of my clients want to use their iPads to do everything, So I have learned the platform.

Back