• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Lenses for trekking

cris

Oakley Beginner
ITA
Hello!

So, I love going for some trekking in the summer but I'm really confused: which lense could be considered the best for this activity?
Considering that I'm like a vampire and direct sun in my eyes could kill me LOL (so I need to protect them a lot) and that during walking weather conditions may change a lot (direct sun, clouds, shadows etc) what would you suggest, basing on your exeperiences?

thank you!

I would go with photochromic lenses ..... no need to ever take em´off, so walking at night time is no problem.
keeps the eyes protected from dirt, dust and flies even at night time around ye old fireplace.

Last edited:
Thank you Tomtucker, photochromic lenses are a good suggestion, I didn't think about it!
Looks like the transition is very fast, basing on videos on youtube, and that's good.
VR50 photochromic is really appealing to me but looks like there's no way to find them anywhere! :|

Not trying to sound like your mother or father but don´t forget a good hat. When trekking you need a indiana jones style hat.
Good glasses will not prevent a sun burned face and head, i speak from experience :eek::D

Vr28BIP ... Good overall ... Or trail if it's strictly forest?

I still hadn't the chance to try the VrBIP but I've read a lot of good opinions about it!

Not trying to sound like your mother or father but don´t forget a good hat. When trekking you need a indiana jones style hat.
Good glasses will not prevent a sun burned face and head, i speak from experience :eek::D

right!
I have pale skin very easy to burn, so I'm used to protect myself in every possible way XD So my kit starts with SPF 50 cream, large hat and sunglasses.
Without them I don't even leave the house :D

I've been in a store today and I tried a few models.
I tried a clear - BI photochromic lens, very nice but I'm not so sure it gets enough dark.
I was surprisingly impressed by a OO red iridium polarized lens! really nice lens to look through ... would you recommend it?

Last edited:
I've been in a store today and I tried a few models.
I tried a clear - BI photochromic lens, very nice but I'm not so sure it gets enough dark.
I was surprisingly impressed by a OO red iridium polarized lens! really nice lens to look through ... would you recommend it?
Yes absolutely!

It's not as dark as black iridium tho... Check tungsten pol and VR28BIP

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am not digging photochromic on bright sunny days. Yeah, it's great for cloudy to sunny conditions but if the sky is clear, forget it.

Tungsten Iridium is good for contrast... Meh if you are in darkened areas.

Several on here swear by the Prizm Daily polarized lenses

Sent from Q's Note5

I am not digging photochromic on bright sunny days. Yeah, it's great for cloudy to sunny conditions but if the sky is clear, forget it.

Tungsten Iridium is good for contrast... Meh if you are in darkened areas.

Several on here swear by the Prizm Daily polarized lenses

Sent from Q's Note5
I thoroughly enjoy DP ... It's not 'the best' but it's an awesome ALL around lens that when matched with the Flak 2.0, feels like I'm wearing nothing at all...

df46f203a9b2699891d91b83d0ae5c40.jpg

Nothing at all... Nothing at all ... Nothing at all...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest Posts

Back