1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. TheWannaBe

TheWannaBe The O-Warrior Premium Member

so I picked up a pair of Splice goggles the other day with a BIPrizm lense. The goggles worked great the other day when I took them out for the day, contrast was sharp and I could really see the texture of the snow and the subtitle changes in terrain. HOWEVER! Once the sun went down I had an extremely difficult time seeing. So much so that I had to ditch the goggles altogether. I don't believe this is due to the Prizm technology as much as it is that fact the lenses are Black iridium.

MY question: what lense would you recommend as the best lense for night skiing? The lense is easy enough to change so I don't need a lense that works good for both day and night, just a lense that works great at night...

Let me know!

Thanks!!

Linegear Japan likes this.
    Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. ptownphil

ptownphil Oakley Hoarder Premium Member

Fiyah! At least thats what Ive read.

3. TheWannaBe

I thought I had read that too somewhere but couldn't think of where... Did a search but couldn't find anything. I was thinking fire or ice, but don't have experence with ether at night...

4. ptownphil

ptownphil Oakley Hoarder Premium Member

Ice is neutral. Neutral is your enemy when its dark.

5. Oakley for life

Oakley for life Oakley Collector

Best lens is HI yellow. I just got Rose Prizm but haven't used it yet at night.

6. TheWannaBe

I am really curious about the rose prizm... Let me know how those work at night because I would love to stick with the Prizm line but need to have something that is effective at night :)

7. Oakley for life

Well you can't go wrong with Hi yellow. Been using it for years! I will let you know though once I get to use my rose Prizm at night.

SnowMatter and TheWannaBe like this.
  8. tigbball5

tigbball5 Oakley Enthusiast Premium Member

+1 HI Yellow and I also use clear. I have used fire too but its too dark for my taste.

9. Oakley for life

Let me know if and when you are ready to buy a lens. I can get you a discount.

TheWannaBe likes this.
  10. SnowMatter

SnowMatter Oakley Beginner

Fire is definitely a day lens. I would go clear, HI Yellow, HI Persimmon, Prizm Rose, in that order. The lights usually cast enough shadow to the point where you don't need a higher contrast lens like Prizm. At that point, it's all about VLT (and which color base will make things look brightest), and I believe this is the right order, from highest to least amount of light transmitted.