• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Night skiing

TheWannaBe

Resident Lurker
Premium Member
O Universe
so I picked up a pair of Splice goggles the other day with a BIPrizm lense. The goggles worked great the other day when I took them out for the day, contrast was sharp and I could really see the texture of the snow and the subtitle changes in terrain. HOWEVER! Once the sun went down I had an extremely difficult time seeing. So much so that I had to ditch the goggles altogether. I don't believe this is due to the Prizm technology as much as it is that fact the lenses are Black iridium.

MY question: what lense would you recommend as the best lense for night skiing? The lense is easy enough to change so I don't need a lense that works good for both day and night, just a lense that works great at night...

Let me know!

Thanks!!

so I picked up a pair of Splice goggles the other day with a BIPrizm lense. The goggles worked great the other day when I took them out for the day, contrast was sharp and I could really see the texture of the snow and the subtitle changes in terrain. HOWEVER! Once the sun went down I had an extremely difficult time seeing. So much so that I had to ditch the goggles altogether. I don't believe this is due to the Prizm technology as much as it is that fact the lenses are Black iridium.

MY question: what lense would you recommend as the best lense for night skiing? The lense is easy enough to change so I don't need a lense that works good for both day and night, just a lense that works great at night...

Let me know!

Thanks!!
Fiyah! At least thats what Ive read.

I thought I had read that too somewhere but couldn't think of where... Did a search but couldn't find anything. I was thinking fire or ice, but don't have experence with ether at night...
Ice is neutral. Neutral is your enemy when its dark.

Fire is definitely a day lens. I would go clear, HI Yellow, HI Persimmon, Prizm Rose, in that order. The lights usually cast enough shadow to the point where you don't need a higher contrast lens like Prizm. At that point, it's all about VLT (and which color base will make things look brightest), and I believe this is the right order, from highest to least amount of light transmitted.

Back