• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Oakley Jawbreaker

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any rumors/news of a mirrored silver lens for the Jawbreaker coming out, similar to the below?

Ryder-Hesjedal-659x440.jpg

Chrome Iridium has been available via OCP (polar and standard) and paired with the Navy frame (polar). The latter is an SGH-exclusive in the US.

Oakley has annoyingly kept it from being sold separately. Not even 3rd party OCP retailers have it from what I know, although maybe your O-Store would (if they'd even sell it to you without buying the frame).

Chrome Iridium has been available via OCP (polar and standard) and paired with the Navy frame (polar). The latter is an SGH-exclusive in the US.

Oakley has annoyingly kept it from being sold separately. Not even 3rd party OCP retailers have it from what I know, although maybe your O-Store would (if they'd even sell it to you without buying the frame).

Cool, saw those... do you think they're as mirrored as those POC lenses? From the images online, they look a little transparent. I might try and get my hands on those, somehow (just need the lens).

Cool, saw those... do you think they're as mirrored as those POC lenses? From the images online, they look a little transparent. I might try and get my hands on those, somehow (just need the lens).
From my ownership of various Chrome Iridium lenses (Badman, Big Taco, Offshoot) they are highly "mirrored" and no one can see through them. I'd expect no different with the Jawbreaker.

Like QLR said, very mirrored. I think their LT is rated at 10-12%, which is very similar to the POC spec.

LOL, now i got the Tour de france, Cavendish, the white one with the black jaw and the uranium one.

i don´t even own a bike........what a dork i am :rolleyes:
Oh well, i am probably gonna wear a bigass hat to protect from sunburn anyway, so noone will notice those bigass glasses

:D:cool-20:

LOL, now i got the Tour de france, Cavendish, the white one with the black jaw and the uranium one.

i don´t even own a bike........what a dork i am :rolleyes:
Oh well, i am probably gonna wear a bigass hat to protect from sunburn anyway, so noone will notice those bigass glasses

:D:cool-20:
Don't feel bad. I have one and I don't own a bike either. I love it! Fits this big ole head perfectly. @kronin323 said I made it look normal.

bc1b6643962bb53f8d9fb91bed302de3.jpg

Yeah, having a big head is good in this case, i wear a size 7 5/8 in New Era caps, so it´s pretty big.

Rumour has it that Performance-enhancing drugs will cause head growth, Like Barry Bonds in baseball, and also my favorite basketball player Dwyane Wade, has been rumored to use them, since his jaw has gotten big as a chipmunk......where am i going with this you ask ? Well, i could always order some PED´s and voila, the jawbreakers would fit like a glove

:biggrin:

Wish i could sneak into the Heat´s locker room, no doubt that Lebron´s old locker has a secret bottom / compartment, where he hid his old stash of PED´s , the stuff is probably still there........... :eek: "Don´t use after expiration date" ......... who cares, expiration dates are for wussies !

Last edited:
Yeah, having a big head is good in this case, i wear a size 7 5/8 in New Era caps, so it´s pretty big.

Rumour has it that Performance-enhancing drugs will cause head growth, Like Barry Bonds in baseball, and also my favorite basketball player Dwyane Wade, has been rumored to use them, since his jaw has gotten big as a chipmunk......where am i going with this you ask ? Well, i could always order some PED´s and voila, the jawbreakers would fit like a glove

:biggrin:

Wish i could sneak into the Heat´s locker room, no doubt that Lebron´s old locker has a secret bottom / compartment, where he hid his old stash of PED´s , the stuff is probably still there........... :eek: "Don´t use after expiration date" ......... who cares, expiration dates are for wussies !

No PEDs here, but wearing a size 8 (or 8 1/4) in fitted hats really crimp the fitted hat styles, but the Jawbreaker fit is just perfect, as you can tell.

The Big Headed :king: welcomes you! Lol

Trying to watch my fanboy levels, but the Jawbreaker is probably as close as Oakley trying to make a pair ahead of it's time, lately. Like if Oakley tried influence fashion with their marketing, this is the pair to do it.

I'm also guilty for using my pair casually, but it's a million times better than most anything imo. I wore my pair at Disneyland, and rollercoasters and faster rides are a way better experience with them. You can look all over without worrying about interrupted or unprotected vision; at the same time, you know there's a frame sealing out turbulent air. Then, of course, the Jawbreakers fit more snug than casual pairs, and are adjustable. Just too much win going on.

Fashionably, you remember Doc Brown coming back from 2015 with the fat shields? Sorta leveled with that. You're not quite that dork wearing the Radars in public, yet you're not the mild guy with the Frogskins. You're something else altogether. Fashion designers try offering shields (for both men and women), so this isn't new on an aesthetic note, and a lot of those look pretty bland/repetitive imo.

I mean take note of the times Oakley set serious trends: Frogs, the M-Frame, and the Radar — all clearly stuff that has been imitated far and wide. There's nothing like the Jawbreaker out right now. It's the brink of being goggles in similar vein to how larger phones cross to the level of functionality of tablets. Literally the "Phablet" of sunglasses. Like, Bolle and 100% followed up with similar-looking stuff, but it stops after the fundamental lens design. There was the Eyeshade, of course, but functionally this is on another level. It's an attempted do-all, even if it was inspired by cycling.

Wear them everywhere. Sleep in them. Take showers so soap doesn't get in your eyes. I'm buying like 5 more of these right now to have for every day of the week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back