1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. downpour

downpour Oakley Beginner

Hey guys,

has anyone encountered an Oakley eyewear with a marking stamped "SAMPLE" on the frame?

i have a jupiter squared which i got almost a year ago, it has a "sample" marking just below the model number. it was purchased from an authorized distributor so i'm not really keen on the idea that its a fake.

can anyone shed light on this matter coz im quite intrigued. regards

Last edited by a moderator: 5/21/14
    Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. tguest41

tguest41 Oakley Beginner

Did you get a box with the glasses? If not, you may have bought them at Final Sale and would be considered DE. In that case, a lot of sample eyeware comes through at Final Sale at your Vault stores. Not a fake, just a sample pair.

3. downpour

downpour Oakley Beginner

yes it comes in complete oakley package.. box and corresponding papers. does this mean that this is inferior compared to the regular ones?

4. Oakle y

Oakle y Something Something Darkside Premium Member Lifetime Member

No it was likely just produced for reps to show to all the shops they service. Once they are done with them Oakley sells them off. Nothing wrong with them just a pre production pair generally.

5. NiGHTSx2

NiGHTSx2 Oakley Collector

I have several of these, and they'e all legit. However, the distributor shouldn't be selling sample units at full retail. They're supposed to be for the sales demo purposes. These things are all over eBay, but the sellers almost always disclose that the glasses are sample units, and the price is under retail.

6. gene

gene Oakley Enthusiast

Yup they should be under retail. They are legit no doubt.

7. jonoyong

jonoyong Inside Outlaw. Staff Member Premium Member

i know my Olympic frogs were both pre-production pairs, no box or papers etc, got them like a couple of months before they officially dropped. no "sample" stamped, but has "NPI" stamped beside the SKUs. still have no confirmation what those stand for though.

8. mopiko

mopiko Oakley Enthusiast

My HB max fear has Sample stamped. Comes complete box

9. Eckstream1

Eckstream1 Addicted to O