• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Shaun White GOLDbrook

how heavy were they? i am debating if i should buy them, i like to wear all of glasses, and would hate to have a display pair. but damn those are nice.

how heavy were they? i am debating if i should buy them, i like to wear all of glasses, and would hate to have a display pair. but damn those are nice.

They weren't any heavier than a normal Holbrook in my opinion. They just have a wicked frame and lens combo. The FMJ doesn't add any weight that I know of though.

From what I am being told it will be limited to 1000 pieces and probably available on oakley.com on 1 Aug. I guess only time will tell!

I heard the 1000 number as well. I wouldn't expect them to do more than that for this model. I also think you are right about the public release of them because I called a few of the friends I have at the SGH and got a little more info and the few that answered said that they are going to only get 1 more than likely which I would say doesn't make them very exclusive

is the gold going to wear off after only a few uses though?

Its going to be an Oakley FMJ finish, granted they have never done gold before, it should hold up similar to other FMJ finishes. I have had my white chrome scalpels for about a year and use them almost daily and have one small patch where the finish has started to come off.

Maybe not a few uses, but it surely will wear off. Then as the lucky owner of them when you contact Oakley customer service you will be offered a free replacement, but they have to be a stock colour. That's provided that it's within the 1 year warranty period, if they're past the warranty period then they will charge you how ever much for the new pair. That's right despite the fact that you payed a premium price for the initial pair and busted your a$$ to get 1 of 1000 of limited edition you will be getting a killer stock colour pair that they have sold 10,000 pairs of and maybe paying again.

That being said if I can get my hands on them I will pull the trigger, I'm slightly scorned with Oakley as my chrome Jawbones are peeling and I was offered a stock frame replacement for $40. I asked and I can't even get a pair of echelon's as a replacement, I figured a limited ed pair for a limited ed pair is fair. Turns out the warranty department never gets limited parts.

Back