• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Time to stop collecting Oakleys?

Of any company I've dealt with, Oakley customer service has been the best by far. Super fast phone pickup, eager to help, and often get complementary little goodies when needed.
They still haven't replied to e-mails from 10 days ago and the least amount of time I have been on hold on the phone is 30 mins. I have never received any free goodies, although I was told I would get those Wire earsocks but that was a month ago.

Responding back to people has all but become extinct. You call someone on the phone and leave a message and they say they will call you back but they never do. You send soneone a text and they say I'll hit you right back but they dont. You send someone an email with a read receipt and you know they read it but they tell you they are having problems with their mailbox. I'm equally tired of people who aren't upfront, people who don't meet their commitments and people who can't simply respond when you ask them a legitimate question. It's not about free goodies it's about putting someone else's needs above their own.

I finally got through on the phone to Oakley and the employee was quite rude and short at first. He said "you did get the 40% discount on both frames". I told him the information I have on the receipt that came with the glasses and he said "that amount will be adjusted". He did change his tune once he realized they screwed up and also said I will be getting my Wire earsocks that the last person failed to add to the order.

I bought a bottle of the Hydrophobic solution from Oakley on Amazon and when I got it the bottle was pretty much empty. The container was new, the applicator wasn't used, so either it never got filled up or it evaporated, but for $20 it wouldn't even coat both Juliet lenses. I contacted them twice through Amazon and three times by email. I waited a full week between each one and now it has been almost 2 months with no reply. They certainly aren't the company they use to be, that's for sure. It's probably a good thing my Juliets were made years ago, could you imagine how crappy they would look if made today with employee's that can't even answer a email?

I know I've turned this into my "bitch about things" thread so here's another good one for you all to enjoy:

I bought an x-metal/ruby Juliet yesterday afternoon and sent payment to the seller. He received it and said the Juliets would ship the next day. He kept his ad up and sold them to someone else 8 hours after I paid him for them. He sent me a refund but there is a hold on it and I won't get my money back for at least 8 business days.

This is exactly why I want to stop buying. I e-mailed the seller back and forth numerous times to make the deal and he pulls this after everything was finalized and paid for. To top it all off, he now won't reply to my e-mails. So much for the holiday spirit.

Oh yeah, still waiting for the $107 overcharge from Oakley Canada too:mad:

I know I've turned this into my "bitch about things" thread so here's another good one for you all to enjoy:

I bought an x-metal/ruby Juliet yesterday afternoon and sent payment to the seller. He received it and said the Juliets would ship the next day. He kept his ad up and sold them to someone else 8 hours after I paid him for them. He sent me a refund but there is a hold on it and I won't get my money back for at least 8 business days.

This is exactly why I want to stop buying. I e-mailed the seller back and forth numerous times to make the deal and he pulls this after everything was finalized and paid for. To top it all off, he now won't reply to my e-mails. So much for the holiday spirit.

Oh yeah, still waiting for the $107 overcharge from Oakley Canada too:mad:
You should not buy a car for like the next 20 years

I might actually be buying a car in the spring. Our Honda Odyssey has served my family very well for the last 13 years but will be needing some repairs to pass inspection at the end of March and I don't plan to put any money into it. Thankfully I have a good friend in management at the Mazda dealership where I used to work so will be buying something from him when the time comes to retire the old Honda.

I am going to enjoy the Oakleys I own and try to stop putting myself through hell acquiring more. I have to get my money from Oakley Canada for the overcharge from 2 weeks ago, deal with the PayPal hold on the refund for the Juliets I paid for yesterday, and either get the Two Face I paid for on here back on Nov. 11 or file a claim with PayPal for the money. That's enough hassle for now. Hopefully my stories are keeping people entertained:confused::)

Back