• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

what lens for led screen blue light filtering?

Red light has longer wavelengths and is made up of less energy. On the other end of the spectrum, there's blue light. Blue light has a higher concentration of energy and has shorter wavelengths. Sunlight, which contains all colors of the visible spectrum and is called white light, is our biggest source of blue light.May 13, 2019
Yes, but do you get exposed to blue light from a screen with you use dark modes.

that question i cannot find the answer to.

and all articles about blue light and eye problems feature a photo of a person with bright light shinning in their face from a PC screen or phone.

so you would think it is the bright light that causes the problems.

Yes, but do you get exposed to blue light from a screen with you use dark modes.

that question i cannot find the answer to.

and all articles about blue light and eye problems feature a photo of a person with bright light shinning in their face from a PC screen or phone.

so you would think it is the bright light that causes the problems.
I see your point. This is a very helpful article though. I have severe eye problems from 5 different surgeries in each eye, due to retinal detachment from Diabetes. And blue light hurts my eyes terribly.

I see your point. This is a very helpful article though. I have severe eye problems from 5 different surgeries in each eye, due to retinal detachment from Diabetes. And blue light hurts my eyes terribly.
Okay, i have read this a few times.... looks to me like blue light is just light coming from LED lightbulbs and PC, TV, phone screens.... the term "blue" just means artificial light.

So what if you use dark themes and dark backgrounds, you are not exposed to bluelight? or does it still come from the screens?

I would like to know!

"Blue light is visible light with a wave length between 400 and 450 nanometers (nm). As the name suggests, this type of light is perceived as blue in color. However, blue light may be present even when light is perceived as white or another color."

So "visible"

https://www.health.harvard.edu/blog...ular-degeneration-and-blindness-2019040816365

Okay, i have read this a few times.... looks to me like blue light is just light coming from LED lightbulbs and PC, TV, phone screens.... the term "blue" just means artificial light.

So what if you use dark themes and dark backgrounds, you are not exposed to bluelight? or does it still come from the screens?

I would like to know!

"Blue light is visible light with a wave length between 400 and 450 nanometers (nm). As the name suggests, this type of light is perceived as blue in color. However, blue light may be present even when light is perceived as white or another color."

So "visible"

https://www.health.harvard.edu/blog...ular-degeneration-and-blindness-2019040816365
It reduces it, but, the blue light will still come of of anything that is white on your screen. If your screen is on, and is completely black, there will be 0% blue light coming off of the screen. If there are white letters against the black screen, there will be a small percentage of blue light coming from it.

Would yellow, persimmon, or prizm low light work? I have thought about getting a pair of prizm low lights just for this purpose.

Would yellow, persimmon, or prizm low light work? I have thought about getting a pair of prizm low lights just for this purpose.
Yes. Yellow lenses are one of the best to filter blue light. They'll filter close to, if not more than 90% of blue light. I've used them before too.

Back