• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Why are Oakley Romeo's and Juliets so expensive?

This must be about the spider cracks:

"As he listens, Jannard moves the smooth temples of the glasses open and closed. "Well, we aren't going to sell anything with defects," he says adamantly. "That's out. Forget that." "

I do not think Oakley saw the spider cracks as a defect. Certainly a flaw in design but not making it a defective product. That is why they continued to sell the Romeo for nearly 8 years even though they discovered the spider crack issue relatively early on and found out they did take a hit in warranty because of it. The discontinuation was no coincidence when it occurred shortly before or after the release of Romeo 2.

Romeo & Juliet were named not after Shakespeare's play, but rather Romeo Y Julieta cigars (J.J.)

"Established in 1875 and named after Shakespeare’s famous love story, the Romeo y Julieta brand has been sparking love affairs with cigar smokers around the world for over hundreds of years, and truly flourished throughout the 20th century. Sir Winston Churchill was perhaps the brand's most illustrious enthusiast, and the flagship vitola of the brand is named in his honor. Today, the popularity of this brand is stronger than ever; the company’s meticulous attention to detail combined with respect for its Cuban heritage has created a legacy of extraordinary quality, construction, and flavor that extends throughout its many line extensions. Every cigar enthusiast is sure to find the perfect Romeo y Julieta cigar to suit his or her smoking needs."

Got me some Romeos...

f87b31a486866474a9da3c3c2cfb3a9c.jpg

What are you saying is garbage? I was referring to the whole package—titanium body alone is the best that will ever be made, artistic design of the frame, durability, lenses that are beautiful and balistic....
:shock::shock::shock:

Durability? I guess if they sit on a glass shelf they are.

Back