• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Why are Oakley Romeo's and Juliets so expensive?

xmetals are snowflakes. The ones that arent beat to **** after 20 years, stayed on a shelf.
Id say theyre more like a jag, or a land rover defender. Beautiful to roll, but you gotta keep em up. put a 62mm turbo on a 4cyl honda and get 600 hp. Daily drive it for years..

What hasn’t been stated here, is that de facto the Romeo & Juliet’s — are from Shakespeare!

Yes named after the cigars -which are named the famous play.

What hasn’t been stated here, is that de facto the Romeo & Juliet’s — are from Shakespeare!

Yes named after the cigars -which are named the famous play.

That's not how it works.

At the time, the person/people had full working knowledge of both the play and the cigars and they chose to name it after the cigars and not the play....therefore its named after the cigars. Not the play. Not defacto. Not famous.

They were named after the cigars?
@jim jannard

I believe that was mentioned in the Wired article.

Last edited:
If they were cheap we wouldn't be wearin them

E1066141-662C-4F85-8C7D-5DFF5D52E578.gif

19 years on a car is hard use. 19 years sitting on your nose bridge.. I dunno
...true, but what you don't know is all the heat, sweat, rain, wind, and concrete (when I dropped them) that they have survived through. I even had a car accident which sent them flying out the window. I was not kind to them. I guess you will have to just trust me when I say "hard use" I mean that 19 years on my nose bridge (and on my person) is very rough on glasses.

Back