• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

1st Gen Plasma / Titanium restoration

I've been very busy lately and the XX TiO2 is parked at the bottom of the list. However, I came across a Juliet 1st gen Ti finish that needed restoring. I decided to apply a new test coating specifically made for G1 Ti Juliets (which is a darker grey than G1 plasmas).

I'm intrigued if people can tell the diff between my work vs a raw untouched Ti frame. Which one is which?

DSC_5589.jpg

Last edited:
I've been very busy lately and the XX TiO2 is parked at the bottom of the list. However, I came across a Juliet 1st gen Ti finish that needed restoring. I decided to apply a new test coating specifically made for G1 Ti Juliets (which is a darker grey than G1 plasmas).

I'm intrigued if people can tell the diff between my work vs a raw untouched Ti frame. Which one is which?

View attachment 190367
Hmmmmmmmm.

At first I was gonna say the one on the right is untouched. But after looking at it I'll say the left.

View attachment 190367
Left is your work. Right is untouched

I think the left are untouched, it looks like it shows the yellowing that occurs with oxidation (my XXs show this). The ones on the right are re-finished.

If I have it wrong it is definitely not a reflection of you work, just my eyesight, LOL!

Latest Posts

Back