• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

A jaw dropping gift from an incredible member

I don't like him at all. He didn't give me this pair. Lol. Just kidding. Solid stuff from a solid dude.. the gentleman gave me a freakin cool orange jawbone outta no where. All I did was compliment on his wicked beard. Hey @Beardo0628 why you so good huh?? You think you're Canadian or something lol.

Another quick story about @Beardo0628

Long story short.. I had done a custom for him or a couple of Customs I can't remember. While I was at the post office shipping his pairs back to him I guess there was a someone else who is shipping some things at the same time to a location unrelated. For some reason I guess the postal worker put the same shipping label onto another package from that fellow Patron. Long story short again the package was shipped to beardo and received. he then asked me if I sent him something extra I guess it was some pictures or something. I can't recall. May have been jewelry too not sure...I said no not at all..turns out that this poor lady had shipped something to go to her friend in British Columbia and the postal worker had put his shipping address on that package as well. Beardo then contacted that lady BC or at least I think it was BC. And paid for it to get shipped back to her so that she could get her stuff back or at least the destination it was meant to go to. There would have been no way for that person to know where the hell their stuff had gone if it wasn't for the Good Samaritan like this gentleman... who took the time to call, ship and return their merchandise for no reason other than having a good heart. That is a true gentleman and a wonderful person we should all be so lucky to know One Like Him.

Goodness is contagious i think. Since then I've tried harder to be like him with everyone I come across

I don't like him at all. He didn't give me this pair. Lol. Just kidding. Solid stuff from a solid dude.. the gentleman gave me a freakin cool orange jawbone outta no where. All I did was compliment on his wicked beard. Hey @Beardo0628 why you so good huh?? You think you're Canadian or something lol.

Another quick story about @Beardo0628

Long story short.. I had done a custom for him or a couple of Customs I can't remember. While I was at the post office shipping his pairs back to him I guess there was a someone else who is shipping some things at the same time to a location unrelated. For some reason I guess the postal worker put the same shipping label onto another package from that fellow Patron. Long story short again the package was shipped to beardo and received. he then asked me if I sent him something extra I guess it was some pictures or something. I can't recall. May have been jewelry too not sure...I said no not at all..turns out that this poor lady had shipped something to go to her friend in British Columbia and the postal worker had put his shipping address on that package as well. Beardo then contacted that lady BC or at least I think it was BC. And paid for it to get shipped back to her so that she could get her stuff back or at least the destination it was meant to go to. There would have been no way for that person to know where the hell their stuff had gone if it wasn't for the Good Samaritan like this gentleman... who took the time to call, ship and return their merchandise for no reason other than having a good heart. That is a true gentleman and a wonderful person we should all be so lucky to know One Like Him.

Goodness is contagious i think. Since then I've tried harder to be like him with everyone I come across

@Beardo0628 A true Gentleman.

Hats off to you, pal.

I have to thank each and every person here for the super kind words.

Over the time that I have had the opportunity to be part of this incredible community of likeminded Oakley lovers, there is always a sincerity that oozes from most of the people here.

@Tidezealot and I have talked many times over the years about glasses and some of the killer customs that he has been the creative force behind. Dave is truly one of the best human beings that I’ve ever been able to converse with. I cherish the kind words.

@SouLFuLFroG and I have spoken with each other about much more than glasses over my time here. I have been lucky enough to be the owner of 5-6 of his beautiful custom masterpieces. The story that he referred to about the lost package was in fact a piece of jewelry that was apparently rather pricey and a heartfelt gift from one cancer survivor to another, so there would not have been a chance of me ever charging the sender a fee to make sure that the recipient felt the love of a friend.

@cacatman was I believe the first member that I ever spoke to about glasses. His lists are always the best and the most informative. Yi-An is a class act in the way that, even when he got royally screwed by a not to be mentioned former member on multiple occasions, handled himself with dignity as not to bad mouth him and get himself removed from the forum.

I was talking with a friend the other day when he called to thank me for the couple pair of Enduros that I sent to him. He expressed the same emotions towards me that you all have done in this thread and just told him that “you can’t love every person that you know but you can show love to every person you meet”.

Words can’t express how each and every interaction that I’ve had on here has changed me and my outlook on just that little bit. For that I can’t only say “thank you”.

Back