• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

A newbie's Collection

I have 15 pairs too :dance3:. I'm not going to lie...I think I have a problem. I think I joined this forum about two weeks ago and it's basically been my life :S. I think it's due to the lack of interest from all my friends with Oakley, that it's nice to finally spill it all out after holding it in all these years - as weird as that sounds haha. Everytime I bring up the word Oakley...my gf shuts me down haha.
it's nice having this forum, for us to get our fix of Oakley everyday lol. Oakley withdrawl is very serious. I hope to have 20 pair's in the next couple months. You can learn a lot being here which is great. When I finally reach 1,000 i'll try to do a collection photo, gotta get a decent camera first and a good photo set up.

we were all newbies at one point, good start! this forum has been great to me as well, but it has drained my wallet and I cannot seem to get off the boards lol. I am considering hitting my 1K posts and taking a break from here!

Awesome stuff! I love the Gascan's. This is an awesome collection so far though! Be warned, your collection will probably double in size after a few months of this forum lol
Thank you! Yeah, I already have about 10 pairs on the list and 5 custom. Also hopefully soon will have a little surprise from an idea I got from here.

nice start. i like your plaid sideways!!
which ducati do you have?
I was hesitant on getting the sideways because of how many people said they were a hit or miss, but they fit great and I love the pattern. The ducati are just regular Gascan Ducati's, I didnt know the Sette excisted until a few months ago :(. But I still love them!

Nice pics and collection!
Thank you! Like many say, you are at fault! haha, I saw your videos admiring your collection! Great stuff!

Really like those oil rigs.. Nice collection so far!!
I like them a lot too, but my dad likes them too so I think Ill give them to him, his christmas gift (He doesn't know I have them :wink:)

Great start BUT..............................................keep an eye on that wallet otherwise it will always be open.
Yeah, good thing I am about to graduate and Im definitely consider applying to work for them :rolleyes:

Nice collection so far!! I like your plaid sideways. I just ordered my first Sideways. :D
Like everyone else has said, this forum will be very very addictive...so much stuff to buy here. Really have to be careful haha. Im up to 15 pairs...but it's fun, and a very understandable use of money i say.
Yeah, I spend a lot of time here and a car forum i'm active in, its awesome considering I'm dragging in my fiancee into the addiction haha

nice start I have two transformers gas cans also. I recommend to buy another pair of matte black gas cans and swap the arms. If you do just the lenses they won't fit correctly. I swapped the arms and them put in some ice lenses. I have gotten a lot of compliments on the transformers oakleys.I am also a huge transformers fan and they look mighty fine when I drive bumblebee with them on (I have a 2010 camaro rally yellow with black stripes and auto to emblems on the fenders.) let me know if you wanna see pics of the transformers gas cams with ice lenses in them
I have heard about changing the stems, but never exactly why besides the fact that you can mess up the film on the 3D lens. I guess I'll consider that too, I want to wear mine already! AND YES PLS! Pictures!!! I love cars, my second wallet drainer, first being school :sad:

I have 15 pairs too :dance3:. I'm not going to lie...I think I have a problem. I think I joined this forum about two weeks ago and it's basically been my life :S. I think it's due to the lack of interest from all my friends with Oakley, that it's nice to finally spill it all out after holding it in all these years - as weird as that sounds haha. Everytime I bring up the word Oakley...my gf shuts me down haha.
Hahaha, I guess I'm lucky my fiancee likes them too and doesn't mind spending the money as she knows they "keep" their value. She actually got me one of the TF3's for our anniversary.

nice collection! love the TF3 gascan
Thank you!! I love them too, just cant wait to wear them on campus :cool:

we were all newbies at one point, good start! this forum has been great to me as well, but it has drained my wallet and I cannot seem to get off the boards lol. I am considering hitting my 1K posts and taking a break from here!
HAHA, I don't blame you.

The TF3's have a different Frame structure than Normal Gascan's, and other replacement lenses don't fit properly in them (They are loose and the curvature is different). It's very subtle, but made a difference for me. For example, my eyelashes touch the Tron Gascan lenses with the proper frame, while all the other Gascan's don't. I actually solved this problem by switching some arms around, and I used the Visionary Lenses in the 3D Frame. They are much thinner but are still loose (not like they will fall out, but they aren't ideal). Hope that helps! Btw, you're lucky your fiance is nice about your obsession. Like I've said before, my gf is so sick of it haha.

The TF3's have a different Frame structure than Normal Gascan's, and other replacement lenses don't fit properly in them (They are loose and the curvature is different). It's very subtle, but made a difference for me. For example, my eyelashes touch the Tron Gascan lenses with the proper frame, while all the other Gascan's don't. I actually solved this problem by switching some arms around, and I used the Visionary Lenses in the 3D Frame. They are much thinner but are still loose (not like they will fall out, but they aren't ideal). Hope that helps! Btw, you're lucky your fiance is nice about your obsession. Like I've said before, my gf is so sick of it haha.
Makes perfect sense, thanks for the info, I guess I'll have to make a deal with my dad haha. Yes I am very lucky, she actually always supports my obsessions when I can afford them.

waiting eagerly to welcome you to the 1k club. =)

Back