• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Absolutely livid at how my Holbrooks are holding up.

I wore this pair *every day* for over a decade.
Went through 3 lenses, and 4 rubber kits, and 2 tune-ups.

I think they have a few hundred more years in them at least :)

F5D3AFD8-1B98-4E2F-BBE4-2024EDD48D9F.jpeg

EA32DB1F-B461-4D5E-AAE5-4753885CA3EA.jpeg

2F357209-20C5-4174-9991-130C96429AB3.jpeg

D77A321F-3B80-4961-9949-78F3E26B8B89.jpeg

I wore this pair *every day* for over a decade.
Went through 3 lenses, and 4 rubber kits, and 2 tune-ups.

I think they have a few hundred more years in them at least :)

View attachment 655484

View attachment 655485

View attachment 655486

View attachment 655487

See that’s how I feel about my Randolph’s. I’ve had them 6 years. One lens swap, three sets of nose pieces and have replaced the plastic earsocks on the bayonets once. Maybe I’ll take a more serious look at the X Metals.

To be honest I still love the style of the Holbrooks and I’ll own another pair but I’ll buy the polished black this time. There’s still plenty of life in the ones I have but it’s disappointing to see the finish wearing off.

To be honest I still love the style of the Holbrooks and I’ll own another pair but I’ll buy the polished black this time. There’s still plenty of life in the ones I have but it’s disappointing to see the finish wearing off.
They really are some awesome frames.

Only bad thing, it’s hard to get just one....

A3BA54E1-03BE-40A6-A52C-DE4B0CF0490E.jpeg

maybe try the Metal Brooks? but I'm sure those are painted as well.

Yeah they’re definitely painted. I spent some time at an Oakley Vault last week trying on everything that interested me. The Holbrook definitely works much better in its original form. The metal version looks nice, but they fit completely different and I’m not really sold on them.

The last pair of metal Oakleys I had were Crosshairs. They were ok but even though I’ve had multiple variations of metal and wire frame Oakleys their O Matter/plastic frames are their strong suit. If I want metal I’ll stick with Randolph as much as I’ve mentioned them. I’d be very surprised if anyone could find a better currently available as new pair of metal frame sunglasses for less. The day I spent at the Vault was also paired with a visit to Sunglass Hut looking for a style of sunglasses to own regardless of brand showed me two things. I love Randolph and for the best blend of vintage and modern style I couldn’t find something better in non metal that fit me better than the Holbrook. I’ve tried hard to like the Ray-Ban Wayfarer and Clubmaster, but they’re way too retro for my tastes.

The Crosshairs didn’t feel worth the price but the VR28 Black Iridium lenses were very cool. Picture from when my beard was still in full effect.

5-B9-FC8-C5-4-BF2-427-B-AB8-A-A9091-ADF77-DE.jpg

Back