• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Advice on eBay offers?

Very well put. I often implore the same/similar tactic myself. Just recently I inquired about a PB1, mint in box, and dude messages me back with an $800 dollar price tag, and he said that, that was much lower than the $1300 dollars he's seen them listed for! (He was obviously basing his price off of ebay pricing). I told him that was a bit more than I was looking to spend, but thanked him for reaching out, and told him good luck with his sale. I few days went by and he messaged me back asking if I'd take them for $600, we finally settled for a little less than that, and I couldn't be happier, but there was no way in H e l l I was going to pay inflated ebay prices for them, especially if all I need to do is be patient for a little bit, and get exactly what I'm looking for here on the OF at a much more reasonable price 🤷‍♂️
I avoid ebay at all costs if I can help it, but, having said that, I have landed some awesome deals there too, like my Xm XX for example, got it earlier this year for $450. Its also in mint condition with oem rubbers, but no lenses. I felt like I got a great deal right there, but those are few and far between these days.....
Cool anecdote! Thanks for sharing. It seems to be a rather sensible strategy, considering they'll gradually falter as they lose confidence in selling the item for their asking price. Definitely learned something new today

Cool anecdote! Thanks for sharing. It seems to be a rather sensible strategy, considering they'll gradually falter as they lose confidence in selling the item for their asking price. Definitely learned something new today
It really only takes a bit of patience, and after you meet the requirements here, you'll be able to access the exchange area of the forum. You can then make a "Buying" post about what you're looking for, and 9 times out of 10, if someone answers the post, you'll get it much much cheaper than you'll ever find it on eBay.

Every seller starts out with a stuck out chest and pride in their price but humble up after crickets start singing ... If they REALLY want to sell it they will always come to reason. Jumping on something like its the last one ever is a big mistake. Make them play to your fiddle. If it sells to someone else then it just was not meant to be and move on until next time. eBay might have its things we all hate but I to have scored many many hundreds if not thousands of deals over the years just being patient and knowledgeable and FAST when it pops up at a great price. $450 for a XX frame these days is a good deal @Timhyde74 ... Last year though I scored one google searching for $16 😂 What makes it great is the listing had been up for 3 months and noone had found it! It was listed CE metal sunglasses 😂

Do your homework and know the value of the item.
Message the seller and convince the seller that you know your sh*t about the model for sale.
Educate them to the value of the item and make a fair offer that doesn't insult.
Works for me a high percentage of the time and have I shaved hundreds off an unreal asking price at times.
Sometimes the seller won't budge and on a rare occasion they get a red ass over it... no big deal.
Conversely, if I determine the seller really doesn't know the value of what they have I don't exploit that to my advantage either.
Fairness cuts both ways....

Do your homework and know the value of the item.
Message the seller and convince the seller that you know your sh*t about the model for sale.
Educate them to the value of the item and make a fair offer that doesn't insult.
Works for me a high percentage of the time and have I shaved hundreds off an unreal asking price at times.
Sometimes the seller won't budge and on a rare occasion they get a red ass over it... no big deal.
Conversely, if I determine the seller really doesn't know the value of what they have I don't exploit that to my advantage either.
Fairness cuts both ways....
I do like to send insulting offers to people who gouge the price on things like R1's ... $2k OBO? I will send $350 😂 then $355 and up $5 each time until I run out! I know it wrecks them for at least 20 minutes and is very entertaining!

i still strongly would suggest you do it the Liam Neeson way and see how it works out for you. Don't listen to them
This guy will get you arrested you know....
morgan freeman.jpeg

Back