• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Aftermarket Lenses

So I should have listened to tmac777311 because I've just had the same experience. I bought two pairs of the Samvette Frogskins lenses because they had nice colour options. However, they are impossible to install as they are far too big. I gave myself a blister trying to get one lens in it was so hard to do, but it was so tight it caused a stress fracture in the corner of the frame and warped the frame so much it was impossible to get the other lens in. I have no idea how Samvette can sell these things, surely they must have tried to install them themselves. I've customised lots of my Frogskins with different lenses and have done it loads of times so I know what I'm doing, but this was just impossible. I'm going to contact them now about getting my money back and I can only say that you should avoid buying them.

I have Walleva Ice Blue in PitBull. These lenses are thinner but they fit ok and the distortion is not much worst than the Oakley lenses. As far as clarity goes I'd say they perform slightly less than Oakley's but Polarization is the same.

I have used the a few of the aftermarket brands. I had some older Evolense lenses on my Jawbones and then bought a replacement set last week. They have improved quite a bit. The clarity is greatly improved and (to me) similar to the original Oakley lenses. I also bought some lenses for the Juliets and Split Jackets I have and the quality is consistent.

The Visionary Lenses, however, seem to have issues. I put those lenses on my Romeo 1s and the bottom of the left lens keeps curving out--beyond the base of my Romeos.

No amount of re-installation seems to fix the fit.

7302480392_68c4fec236_b.jpg
CameraZOOM-20120525221752799 by spoonser, on Flickr

I sent them an email last week and they mentioned they were going to try on a set on some Romeos and send me out a replacement. I am hoping this fixes it because I really want to like them. The finish is pretty sweet.

7330348818_ea0ab3b207_b.jpg
Romeo (retired) by spoonser, on Flickr

I can't take a head on picture properly, so I guess I'll need to go outside to take a picture.

Here's the installation of the lens.

7338088248_ddd1ae6aa7_b.jpg
CameraZOOM-20120507182518792 by spoonser, on Flickr

i have bought over 10 pairs of lenses from VL for my half jackets, never had a problem, the colors and clarity were really good. i feel that nothing compares to oakley's quality but VL is very close. my only issue with VL is that the lenses are thinner then oakley lenses and dont feel as strong, but other than that they are really top notch and fit my frames perfectly. (midnight ruby is my favorite lense by them btw)

Revant or Walleva

Use both. Some of my older glasses there is nothing available for them so I had to go this route. Nice lenses and most fit very well except old Wire frames. I have tried both but the cut is just off. I just bought a pair of Photochromatic lenses for my Crankshafts. Love them. Hard to beat the price.

Back