• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Any experience with eBay seller make-a-statement?

Well the Juliets came today. Shipping was super fast. They came in what I believe is actually a Flak Jacket XLJ vault (with cut-outs for spare lenses) but it actually fit Juliets perfectly.

The Plasma frame is beautiful, as described. The arms track straight in and out with no wobble. One is a smidge bit looser than the other, but all in all, they are in very nice shape. The lenses are pristine, not a scratch or mark on them. The spare lenses looked excellent as well. All in all I would be very happy with the purchase, except - as I suspected - Juliets are waaaaaay too small for my face (I'm 6'1, 220lbs). These actually fit my 5'0", 115lb wife very nicely :)

No idea how you guys can wear these. They're tiny! So now I'll have to let you know how the return goes - this seller also has 30 day returns, with paid return shipping.
Post a pic of you wearing them. Maybe others will think they fit you just fine.

No dude. TRUST ME. I look like I'm wearing children's sunglasses.

Just for reference, my daily drivers are Oakley Jury's. Those fit my face so well, I bought four pairs (two "antique", one brown, one black). Not sure the dimensions of those but I'm sure somebody knows.

OK here ya go. I'm not smiling cause if I smile it raises my cheekbones and the Juliets look like they fit better...
JustinJuliets.jpeg

I've been looking for a pair of polished Penny's and this guy seems to be the only one that is selling them, but he sells them a price that I feel is too high. He lists a pair every week or so for $499.99 (just the glasses, a bag, and a soft vault case), which I feel is overpriced. I offered him I think $350 or $375 once and got rejected. Haha. I think his stuff is legit - I noticed another pair that were sold on ebay for $400 with the same serial number on one he put up later for $500, but tuned up (when sold at $400, the listing mentioned loose nose bridge). So I'm assuming he buys them, fixes them up, then sells them at a higher price. I also just noticed he re-listed/sold a pair that he had supposedly sold a few weeks ago, so not sure what happened there. Maybe they got returned or something.

I've been looking for a pair of polished Penny's and this guy seems to be the only one that is selling them, but he sells them a price that I feel is too high. He lists a pair every week or so for $499.99 (just the glasses, a bag, and a soft vault case), which I feel is overpriced. I offered him I think $350 or $375 once and got rejected. Haha. I think his stuff is legit - I noticed another pair that were sold on ebay for $400 with the same serial number on one he put up later for $500, but tuned up (when sold at $400, the listing mentioned loose nose bridge). So I'm assuming he buys them, fixes them up, then sells them at a higher price. I also just noticed he re-listed/sold a pair that he had supposedly sold a few weeks ago, so not sure what happened there. Maybe they got returned or something.
"buys them, Fixes them up then sells at a higher price"
Like noone else on here has ever done that😂😂

Nobody has any opinion on if I can pull off Juliets with my huge melon??

You're not gonna hurt my feelings - I can take it! I have thick skin

Back