• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Any Sneakerheads In The House?

Let's get it

20210411_140630.jpg

I was so tempted to buy one, but I chickened out.
I went a little further out of my way for this pair (Toro Bravo Jordan 5's), because there was no judging against the demand it carried after not being released for 12 years. I think even for a bit of resale premium, it is a very worthwhile purchase. Really, Jordan 5's should always feel this good (although yeah that comes with using suede here). Some people like aesthetic perfection, but I like the slight offs of the rawness of the material here. Kinda stuff that makes me think society needs to turn the other cheek over what a proper shoe and warranted "prestige" is without having to be a designer brand of sorts, or connection to a celebrity. This could very well be release of the year for a lot of people, including myself.

But if I had to pick one Jordan 5, I still think last year's white/red is the definitive pick up first. Captures the OG so well, and sort of a marker of how the brand stepped up the quality and shape of the Jordan 5 retro releases. It's going to look better with increased wear. Hell, people like to pre-yellow the translucent now. I think that's gimmicky, but objectively yeah — something that's so ugly most of the time actually looks decent on this pair.

Hindsight, I should've acted on the Anthracites. I still don't like what they did with the netting and contrast stitching, but the material is probably nice to wear.

My Toro's came today. I'm really happy with them. no flaws. debating if I should black laces in them or stick with the red. the laces are a tad long for how I like my 5's so I ordered some shorter pairs of laces in both black and red to try.

My Toro's came today. I'm really happy with them. no flaws. debating if I should black laces in them or stick with the red. the laces are a tad long for how I like my 5's so I ordered some shorter pairs of laces in both black and red to try.
When I got this pair of boots, which come with both red and black laces, I just laced one boot with each colour and compared like that. I found it by far the best way to judge.

956CE6D9-9192-430A-8B55-74DC6163D686.jpeg

Back