• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Bad Ebay Experiences

This is a little off topic, but a user named zondiggity88 keeps putting his artist series/limited edition sunnies up for bidding for 7 days. When there's One (1) day left, he just cancels every single freaking auction. He's done this twice now, and it's pissing me off...I wanted those Troy Lee Gascans :(

It is because he sells it to a best offer bidder, I have contacted him re this exact same thing!!

Whaaaa. So he ends all of his auctions at once? I was bidding on the Montefrio's and the Troy Lee's and they just went bye bye. I was watching 8 of his other things too and they all went bye bye :(.

I dont know about all, but Ive also been frustrated with him!!!

I contacted him as he has couple of pairs I'd like to own so asked if we could do a deal if I could get 5 pairs. He then made me a ridiculously high offer which I declined. I tried to bid on his items instead but he blocked me. None of his auctions for the pairs I wanted went anywhere near his offer, to me and then I see he ended them all early, only to re-list them a few days later and then again end early.

It's his business and he can do what he wants, but I know I won't bother with him again.

Sounds similar to my experience, I msgd him to find out how much he want for the mambo's and he said $600, and that ended my interest very fast!!!

Perhaps he ended them due to how low they were going to sell? lol. Greedy sellers!

He probably wasnt happy with the price he may have sold them for!!
I've had the same thing happen to me with that guy. I'd be the winning bidder and right before the auction ends he'd pull it. Happened to me twice so I reported it. I suspected that he pulled both due to not meeting a price he wanted. I also suspect him of shill bidding his own auctions with a private listed account as well. Don't think eBay did anything about it though.

I sell on ebay as well and though I do offer international shipping, it is a pain in the ass to do. I never know what to put on the customs form, which countries would owe tax on the declared value, etc. At USPS You can't use the automated postal center for international shipping, and I beleive you have to drop them at the desk or request a face to face pickup for customs reasons, which makes actually getting the package out in the specified "handling time" hard sometimes. I would assume most people on this board have a real job with hours that coincide with the USPS counter hours (I swear mine is only open for like 30 minutes a day somedays), making finding time challenging sometimes. And god forbid you come at the last minute, with the treatment, remarks, and glares you get from the employees you'd think that you were there to kidnap their dog, not give them business.

When I do ship international, I ship USPS First Class which runs 30.00$ and they give you a tracking number and insurance up to 100$. For any real expensive items (i.e. over 200$) I just state no international shipping, I figure it is better to be safe than sorry. I also refuse to ship to anyone with a feedback profile of less than 10 or an ebay history of less than 90 days, figuring if they have been on for that long and have that much feedback, they are being honest on the other side as well. Haven't been burned yet, but if I do get burned, the international selling is done. The other thing is that ebay allows international sellers to open "did not receive item" cases as soon as the estimated delviery date passes, even if (like many have said) customs takes their merry time with it. Then you have to go through that whole hassle of closing the case, responding to ebay, etc, even if you upload the tracking number. Sometimes, the hassle is just not worth it.

I realize I am talking to many of the great international buyers on the forum, who I would gladly do business with, but as has been stated before, with the lack of seller protections, ebay has become a swampground of scammers looking for someone ignorant to ship them a pair of Oakleys for free. You can't blame people for just staying away from it all together.

Do you have taxes with DHL? In France we have to pay 25% more if the delivery company applies them (its not forced to be, sometimes it goes trough, when its national post, USPS and French post when it arrives in France)

Taxes will depend on the country i guess. DHL will apply the taxes if necessary.
For Singapore, i realized that if the value of the shipment goes above certain amount, VAT will apply

Sounds similar to my experience, I msgd him to find out how much he want for the mambo's and he said $600, and that ended my interest very fast!!!

Zondiggity or whatever his name is, is a scalper pure and simple. Every single pair he puts up for sale are closed early if they don't reach his inflated valuation. I bought a pair of TL gascans for less than $200 6 months ago, and they are going on the 'bay for around the $250-$300AUS mark, but when I contacted him about his buy it now price, he said nothing less than $500US. SCALPER. It's people like him that ruin the enjoyment of searching and winning/buying those special pairs.

In regards to the ebay issue of sellers not selling outside of the US, to post a pair of shades via USPO with tracking to Australia is less than $30US. I buy 90% of my ebay Oakley gear from the 'states and have never had a single issue. In fact the only issues I have ever had are with Australians!!

I'm English but live downunder, so I have a UK address and a Aussie one too, which really screws ebay regarding items I sell, as the pound is still strong!

This is a little off topic, but a user named zondiggity88 keeps putting his artist series/limited edition sunnies up for bidding for 7 days. When there's One (1) day left, he just cancels every single freaking auction. He's done this twice now, and it's pissing me off...I wanted those Troy Lee Gascans :(

yup... noticed that too!! i was watching the set of Flying Tigers... 2nd time he pulled out before the auction ended.

I've had the same thing happen to me with that guy. I'd be the winning bidder and right before the auction ends he'd pull it. Happened to me twice so I reported it. I suspected that he pulled both due to not meeting a price he wanted. I also suspect him of shill bidding his own auctions with a private listed account as well. Don't think eBay did anything about it though.

good to know... guess he goes on our sh!t list of sellers...

Although I'm in Australia and have been an Ebay member for 5 years with 100% positive feedback i can see this story from both a buyer and a sellers point. As a seller I refuse to Ship Outside the country because I've had a few times where the buyer will say they live in Aus and once the auction ends they want the item delivered to some random address in Nigeria. On the other hand I have no Issues with buying from overseas, Most times i make sure the listing states international postage or I message them for a quote, I've been lucky in that the buyers have been understanding and havent yet come across someone who refused this. If I was selling an item and the buyer was international the only thing i request is that they pay the extra charge and use paypal with a verified address so all bases are covered. I don't see why you should suffer as one buyer from one country if you were willing to do the extra bit to have the item. Maybe if you were close enough to any of the users here in the forum and found something in their country you were after, you might suggest them winning the item for you to pay for, kind of sneaky though

My other option would be to call my credit card company and add a address in the USA as a billing address, then put it in paypal as a possible shipping address and have it confirmed. Then blam-O I'm an American shopper, once every 4 weeks or so I drive to the US and grab my stuff. I only live 2-3 hours from the boarder. I think I found my solution.

I shipped a pair overseas to Germany and the person said they never got it. Even though I had a tracking number, they couldn't verify if they got it or not since once it leaves the US, tracking was unavailable. Thus, I lost out on the $200 I originally paid for them years ago and the $200 I got on ebay. So in the end, I lost out on $400. I will NEVER ship overseas and avoid buying from there too.

Back