• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Balistic M frames question

Lol if you are ever in Canada and can set you up. I have provided any and all of those videos etc. I have now sent an email off to oakley to see if they can provide me with that info. I even told the field that I would put my own oakleys up and they could pick any paintball style google they wanted. I would then shoot them with a 12 gauge shotgun to see which would be good after that and no holes etc. They didn't like that responce lol
I commend you for backing up Oakley that much, as I would have done the same. I can drive to Canada sometime. I am in the State just below you. It's really strange how you cannot use them though. My indoor shooting range where we fire live rounds, allows even my Rx Oakley lenses. And, it is a highly renowned range in our area. We can see what other members here have to say?

I have been wearing oakleys since I was 10. I now wear Juliet's with my Rx in both of them. Turned my other pair into my every day wear clear Rx and my other ones into my rx sunglasses. And if I don't feel like fighting with my eyes for my contact lens I have the insert as well. If I didn't trust my own eyes in them I wouldn't have backed them up and allow my family to wear them. Depending on where in the states you are, you should be able to find a field to try Airsoft. Would love other members to say something.

I have been wearing oakleys since I was 10. I now wear Juliet's with my Rx in both of them. Turned my other pair into my every day wear clear Rx and my other ones into my rx sunglasses. And if I don't feel like fighting with my eyes for my contact lens I have the insert as well. If I didn't trust my own eyes in them I wouldn't have backed them up and allow my family to wear them. Depending on where in the states you are, you should be able to find a field to try Airsoft. Would love other members to say something.
Airsoft is indeed fun! I had quite a few airsoft rifles and pistols to tool around with in the past, before I relocated.

I'm gonna chalk it up to that your Oakley lenses give you an unfair advantage above the others in the field. ;)

The unit is Joules, named after it's inventor. It's a measure of energy and the resultant of the combination of speed and weight. Two objects of the same weight traveling at the same speed will have the same kinetic energy. If one is moving faster is possesses more kinetic energy, and thus the energy as measured is Joules would be higher.

If one of the fields requires fully sealed eye protection the M Frame with Helo kit likely won't pass muster. The seal is easily broken, especially if you're not wearing a 3.0, and the rubber won't likely take an impact. And, as noted, there are fake and aftermarket pairs and lenses which are much more prevalent in the Airsoft world where (let's face it) a premium is placed on looks over function. Unfortunately where people see spending $150 on a fake ACOG vs. $1000 for the "real-steel" counterpart as acceptable in Airsoft, so too do they see spending $20 on fake Oakleys as acceptable.

It's entirely possible the second field which bans them had an incident involving a fake pair and they assumed it was the real item they had seen fail so spectacularly.

Back