• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Before and After: an Optical Champ appreciation thread

Thank you sir!
@Maal you are appreciated brother. Welcome again to the fold!
Sorry to hear you don't love the lens tint. Interestingly enough I've grown to really love the color change to the edges. As long as it isn't uneven. I have an RX set that when I look slightly to left one eye looks through green edge, the other through the center. That is uncomfortable!
Give em another chance. Don't judge them to quickly. That's just my two cents.

Well, that's the thing... I use my eyes more than turning my head to look around. Looking anywhere but straight ahead and one or both eyes were seeing through the edge base hue. It was quite disconcerting.

I hate to say it, but to have an option on any lens that does not have a BIP mirror, I may have to accept a grey base color. Those Ice look mighty nice! I do find it slightly interesting to note that the lenses I find I might want to try all came as "stock" in XS frames (vr28 bip, OO bip, Ice, and titanium iridium polarized).

Well, that's the thing... I use my eyes more than turning my head to look around. Looking anywhere but straight ahead and one or both eyes were seeing through the edge base hue. It was quite disconcerting.

I hate to say it, but to have an option on any lens that does not have a BIP mirror, I may have to accept a grey base color. Those Ice look mighty nice! I do find it slightly interesting to note that the lenses I find I might want to try all came as "stock" in XS frames (vr28 bip, OO bip, Ice, and titanium iridium polarized).
Vr28 BIP, OO BIP and Titanium are amazing lenses. Tungsten Iridium is definitely a favorite, though near impossible to find now

Back