• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Broken Kato hinge.

Oakley is replacing these with the new design if they let go, I don't remember the requirements but I took my Sapphire Kato to the O store here for a replacement, no questions asked. I opted for a refund though since it had been less than 30 days.

We had a thread here I thought.

Alot of people have attempted to glue them back together and had that fail as well. It's worth a try though
I backed out because I got scared the epoxy would damage the lens. So I peeled off the adhesive from the hinge, and it looked like clear double sided tape. Idk if this was a repair done by the previous owner. But I bought some heavy duty 3m clear double sided tape and it worked like a charm.

I backed out because I got scared the epoxy would damage the lens. So I peeled off the adhesive from the hinge, and it looked like clear double sided tape. Idk if this was a repair done by the previous owner. But I bought some heavy duty 3m clear double sided tape and it worked like a charm.

We've had a few people do that as well. There was a thread about this on O Review. Most failed even with that fix but hopefully yours will work out

Latest Posts

Back