• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Buyer Beware - Mars Scam

There is a similar scam I’ve seen a couple times here in Southern California, but for X-squared glasses complete with a box for more than half the price of what you’d find it anywhere else. The guy will list it to a Southern California area and then when you arrange to go meet him to buy it he gives you a Sacramento address(If you aren’t familiar with California, that’s about 400 miles away) when you mention the distance, he then says he just moved or something like that and to use F&F and he’ll send it to you. —I’ve never sent him money but now he has a new ad with a different pair of x-squared on Craigslist so beware.

Yeah, it appears to be a pretty common scam. While checking craigslist last night, I found a pair of Romeo's in NYC for a pretty good price. I contacted the seller, and he gives me an address in Rochester. I assume his next move would be to offer to ship them.

So I told him I'd conveniently be in Rochester the next day! Gotta troll a little bit, and have a little fun haha. And of course, I've already flagged the post.

Here is another one. Jordan Leather Mars for $300? Anyone interested? Unfortunately they only have a company Paypal account and can only do Friends and Family. Otherwise they might be fired. But they are willing to do half now and half after delivery.

Mars scam.JPG

Haha I inquired about those as well. It’s gotta be a scam. He said the exact same thing.

I actually agreed to do the half/half thing. (No, I'm not going to actually send him money...) I'm trying to get him to send me his email or the account he uses for Paypal. Not sure if there is anything I can do with it... report it to paypal? Get every OF member to sign them up for every email newsletter/update/spam site they find? Gotta be something we can do to mess with them. Maybe I'll post this suggestion in a new thread...

I actually agreed to do the half/half thing. (No, I'm not going to actually send him money...) I'm trying to get him to send me his email or the account he uses for Paypal. Not sure if there is anything I can do with it... report it to paypal? Get every OF member to sign them up for every email newsletter/update/spam site they find? Gotta be something we can do to mess with them. Maybe I'll post this suggestion in a new thread...

That’s funny. I was actually thing about driving to Chicago to get them until the half pay thing came up. Would be a great deal if it was legit but I’m assuming it’s not. Flood em with spam. Lol.

So, it gets better... He actually sent me the email along with a "don't worry if it shows a different currency" Ha

"Please send payment as friends to - misports33@gmail.com and let me know where to ship sunglasses. I will ship them asap and provide tracking number.
Also my paypal account is business and I use many currencies and sometimes it shows different currency to send, so please make sure you choose USD. Pleasure doing business with you !"

So, it gets better... He actually sent me the email along with a "don't worry if it shows a different currency" Ha

"Please send payment as friends to - misports33@gmail.com and let me know where to ship sunglasses. I will ship them asap and provide tracking number.
Also my paypal account is business and I use many currencies and sometimes it shows different currency to send, so please make sure you choose USD. Pleasure doing business with you !"
Try and get a phone number - then subscribe them to hourly cat facts texted for their enjoyment :)

Back