• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Buying New Pair, Need Advice.

Sig32

Oakley Beginner
I recently lost my Half Jacket sunglasses and I am looking for a new pair to replace them. I really like the size, shape and feel of the Five Squared but I am worried that they will have a tendency of slipping off, or being uncomfortable since they do not have ear socks or nose pads. I need something comfortable as I wear them for up to 12 hours a day and something that won't slip easily since I wear them to run.

Could someone tell me if there is a pair that are basically the Five Squared with the ear socks and nose pads? Perhaps someone who wears or has worn the Five Squared could tell me if slipping off or comfort is even an issue? Thanks

I'd look into either the Straight Jacket, or the Twenty. I own a couple pairs of the Straight Jacket, and those stay in place with absolutely no problems. I would imagine the same thing goes for the Twenty, though I don't own a pair because they look a little too small on me.

Thanks for the response. I did see the twenty, but only online, no one locally has them. How do they compare to the Five Squared as far as size and shape? I'm not a big person and I don't want a pair that are going to be too big or small either.

I tried the Straight Jacket, but I couldn't get used the the wide/thick legs on them.

The straight jackets are a little bigger than the five squared.

I think you'll be ok if you get the fives squared. The newer version that was recently released doesn't have ear socks but it does have unobtanium nose pads which will help a little with slipping.

Thanks for the suggestions. I was interested in a full frame this time around and that's how I ended up looking at the Five Squared. How does the Pit Bull compare? It looks larger to me but again no one locally has it.

The fast jacket is considerably bigger than the half jackets so I think it would e too big for you. Also the pit bull is HUGE. I would stay away.

You guys are saving me both money and regret with your info and for that I thank you. Not being able to see these glasses in person makes it nearly impossible to judge size.

JDubs, I haven't heard of the Scalpel before but they look good. Do you happen to know how they compare in size to some of the models mentioned here?

Back