• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Can't Determine if Eyeshades are Legit or Fake

Evan U

Oakley Beginner
I recently found a pair of heritage eyeshades listed as new on a craigslist ad. I asked for more pictures since their listing only included stock images of the glasses when they were first released in 2014. I cannot tell if these are legit or not. Here are the images they sent me. The laser-etched logo seems a bit small and the frame color doesn't seem right. The seller also said they do not have the original packaging and bought it from someone else so I'm a bit suspicious.

s-l1600.jpg
s-l160ff0.jpg
fff.jpg

I have this exact pair, but mine didn't come with a bag.

That's the thing.
- Missing 2014 raise on the right inner frame
- "eyeshade" printed on right ear stem
- lens not extending past frame on sides
- oakley etching on lens is smaller
- frame flat black color

They're not standard is for certain. The guy claims he was part of a bicycle team in Yorba Linda, CA and got them from his sponsor at headquarters in 2013-14 time frame. could be a story and they definitely could be fake! I don't know now! Lol

20220121_184312.jpg

20220121_184246.jpg

20220121_173144.jpg

I have this exact pair, but mine didn't come with a bag.

That's the thing.
- Missing 2014 raise on the right inner frame
- "eyeshade" printed on right ear stem
- lens not extending past frame on sides
- oakley etching on lens is smaller
- frame flat black color

They're not standard is for certain. The guy claims he was part of a bicycle team in Yorba Linda, CA and got them from his sponsor at headquarters in 2013-14 time frame. could be a story and they definitely could be fake! I don't know now! Lol

View attachment 933218

View attachment 933219

View attachment 933220
in my opinion the pair is fake and so is the story

Latest Posts

Back