• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Considering Selling/trading My X Metal XX

Hey Jeff,

Sorry for the delay. I did get your PM about this, but i was taking care of stuff this morning. Let me take some right now and post them up in a few.

Might be hard to tell from pics, but at least it's something. The orbitals are actually very similar in size. The XS might offer more coverage only because it has more surface area (rectangle vs. oval)

The earstems are a bit shorter on the XS than in the XX.

Note the nose bridge size differences, but overall the total frame width is very close.

Hope these help with your decision, but just as you said, i HIGHLY recommend you go try them on before you decide to go forward with this. I want you to be 100% certain the XS is for you. As much as i'd love to trade you for your XX, i wanna make sure you'll be happy on your end :smile:

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the pictures.. Hoping I can get to an O store or Vault. problem is the O Store is in the mall I avoid from now until Jan due to the Christmas crowds. I will see what I can do though.

I did find a post from back in Sept when I tried them on.. They fit but seems square on my face.. but then I think the Split jackets I got look square on me too:
2011-11-23_15-57-55_132.jpg

No worries. There's not much i would trade these off for, unless someone else has a good condition X Metal XX. I can be patient and just wait until you get to try on a pair. :smile:

Hey Splice,

How do the Fire Iridium compare to a Black Iridium (both being Polarized)?

Also does anyone have a X Squared and a Split Jacket that could take a side by side comparison shot?

Lastly here are the XX on me, and then the Juliets..
2011-10-10_18-19-00_356.jpg
2011-11-11_12-01-30_403.jpg

The Fire Iridium have a greenish base to them. I'll take pics when i get home. I also have a Split Jacket. I have a pretty diverse collection so whatever you need comparison shots of, i can probably do it :)

Also, don't forget that the Split Jackets are O-Matter and will flex significantly more than the X Metals, so they may not be a good fit comparison. Best you can get from that is the lens size.

Judging from your pics, it looks like you have a more prominent nose bridge, which means the XS should sit on your face just fine without touching your cheeks.

The Fire Iridium have a greenish base to them. I'll take pics when i get home. I also have a Split Jacket. I have a pretty diverse collection so whatever you need comparison shots of, i can probably do it :)

Hmm, interesting coloring it sounds like.. I have been getting more diverse in my lens selection now too, I guess it helps that they are not RX :biggrin:

Also, don't forget that the Split Jackets are O-Matter and will flex significantly more than the X Metals, so they may not be a good fit comparison. Best you can get from that is the lens size.

Yeah, that was more for lens size comparison

Judging from your pics, it looks like you have a more prominent nose bridge, which means the XS should sit on your face just fine without touching your cheeks.
No worried about it hitting my cheeks.. as I recall they did not when I tried them on in Sept..

Ok here we go:
Fire Iridium Polarized - The lighter tint allows more lightin (duh), but makes everything sharper due to contrast. Can't see eyes from the outside, just like the Black Iridium if that is your concern.

Black Iridium Polarized

Here are the comparisons with the Split Jacket. I'll refrain from commenting on these and let you be the judge.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back