• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Corona 19 thread

Everyone needs to read this and accept this...

"Just because you're offended, or scared, doesn't mean you are right! It also doesn't mean that you get to infringe upon the rights of those that aren't!"

Now will someone that isn't cowering in fear behind the ignore button please share that with those scared snowflakes so they can see it too.

This is a GLOBAL viral pandemic, SO MANY countries are affected. Yet, the country with arguably the BEST ressources in the world to thwart such pandemic appears to be having the WORST time at it.

Any thoughts as to WHY?

What have other countries done differently?

Maybe there’s a lack of leadership at the top?

Maybe if hospitals weren’t treated as businesses (with CEO’s???) and acted more like as a public service department?

15000+ reported cases in FLA the other day... imagine how many aren’t reported and are still spreading it.

The young AND the old are dying from this and everyone should doing their part to not make this worse... YOU or someone you know could be next 🤷🏻‍♂️
I would say a combination of population density and people thinking they are smarter than the recommendations. But that's just my guess.

I would say a combination of population density and people thinking they are smarter than the recommendations. But that's just my guess.
I think your guess has some merit... USA’s low population density in rural areas and the Midwest probably helped keep the virus spread down a big...

Here are some stats I just found in the interwebZ

‘Singapore has nearly 8,000 people per km2 – more than 200 times as dense as the US, and 2000 times that of Australia.’

B5F88BBC-F4F3-4F32-A5D1-872B25A76B1A.png

This looks like a good example of a country taking the virus seriously. I believe they implemented mandatory mask wearing and had adequate containment/isolation. Probably fewer Kevin’s and Karen’s too ;)

Can we all agree that _______ (a country not named America) didn't have weeks of 'protests' in every major city every night for several weeks?

Once we acknowledge that, don't we have to then accept that hundreds of thousands, if not millions, of Americans pretty much gave covid the reigns and said, "here ya go"?

Maybe that has a lot to do with the rise in positive cases in America? Or can certain people not admit that because they're stubbornly married to a false narrative??

Can we all agree that _______ (a country not named America) didn't have weeks of 'protests' in every major city every night for several weeks?

Once we acknowledge that, don't we have to then accept that hundreds of thousands, if not millions, of Americans pretty much gave covid the reigns and said, "here ya go"?

Maybe that has a lot to do with the rise in positive cases in America? Or can certain people not admit that because they're stubbornly married to a false narrative??
And rallies. ;)

And get togethers

And vacations

And rallies. ;)

And get togethers

And vacations
Oh no doubt, those happened too. Can we agree to much much lesser degree than hundreds on thousands of people mobbed together in the streets every night for over two weeks, though?

Just a little transparency and honesty is all I'm asking for.

Back