• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Corona 19 thread

This right here is what I'm talking about. Defund the police, housing for the homeless, federal bailout of the public schools, and the abolition of private charter schools, just to name a few, are demands by the teacher's union for LA county in order for them to return to school. If that isn't the very epitome of politicizing something that needn't be politicized I don't know what is.

Any sane person reading that can not come to the conclusion that this is about a virus!

And rallies. ;)

And get togethers

And vacations
Is it coincidental that the states who were against closing down are the ones with increased cases? It’s pretty clear...simply looking at past events and states that are seeing rises in overall cases. With places like Disney opening back up, just accelerates nationwide distribution.

Which puts us in a weird spot with schools opening back up in fall. I am all for going back, with proper plans in place. I never thought of some big questions though...what happens when a teacher gets sick? Does that class go into quarantine? How does that work for other students they’ve been in contact with? Does the whole school go into a 2-3 week quarantine? Most of the subs are retired instructors. Who’s going to fill that role if a teacher goes out? So many questions 😱

the-local-machanic-isnt-taking-any-chances.jpg
z-3.jpg

Is it coincidental that the states who were against closing down are the ones with increased cases? It’s pretty clear...simply looking at past events and states that are seeing rises in overall cases. With places like Disney opening back up, just accelerates nationwide distribution.

Which puts us in a weird spot with schools opening back up in fall. I am all for going back, with proper plans in place. I never thought of some big questions though...what happens when a teacher gets sick? Does that class go into quarantine? How does that work for other students they’ve been in contact with? Does the whole school go into a 2-3 week quarantine? Most of the subs are retired instructors. Who’s going to fill that role if a teacher goes out? So many questions 😱
If everyone has masks on no one will get it, duh!

I hope that my wife's school starts up as e learning at least to start. The wife and kid both have a blood clot issue. They don't need the added risk.

Back