• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Corona 19 thread

There are actually a lot of teachers working from home because they have kids without childcare/remote learning.

I stayed home a couple weeks back with my 1 yr old after he got his shots. Imagine trying to demo software & lecture while having a 1 yr old climbing on you/slapping my equipment around and crying. I don't have the luxury of having a private nanny or family that can watch my kids on short notice. It is what it is and we make do.
Working from home isn't "vacation" or "stealing money". It is working.

I care about my feelings and I will express them! Damnit!

The blanket statement just hit me wrong. He may not be totally wrong, but facts would be nice for context.
No they wouldn't. The peanut gallery here does not want facts unless the facts presented support their narrative! I provide facts all the time and I'm continually mocked for it. Called things like a Google scholar and a Google investigator. @Zax just told me that "I was the Google search master to find them myself," when I asked him for facts. Don't even try that

This post actually offends me.
Why does the truth offend you?
I know teachers too... some of them still had to do administrative work even while schools were closed.

Collecting checks while not teaching? Depending on the system, the teachers are paid portion of a check while working and the brief summer they are getting the rest of their pay.
What is your point? What is so bad about a teacher doing administrative work? I am sure it is within their job. Good no government employee should be getting paid to not work. In my Reserve unit I am a pilot but when I am not flying I don't sit around doing noting. Actually I never have nothing to do there. I am sure if something like this were to happen in DOD people would raise hell and burn **** down.
From what I've been seeing, the start of the school year has been different vs the end. Teachers have been told to work or GTFO... and some have done just that
Good teachers need to work or GTFO

Otherwise, they'll be able to claim unemployment.
I don't think that is the case. They aren't laid off. They aren't furloughed. And they aren't fired. They are contracted for 9 months. Not 12. Up until recently the school system here would allow you to take your salary in 9 months or spread it over the 12. But they changed that so you have to get paid over 12 months.

Lol, no one cares about your feelings bro. Haven't you figured that out?! Theres truth in that statement. A lot of teachers aren't working and are still getting paid. He's not entirely wrong
That's just it, people don't want to hear the truth especially when it hurts their feelings. Just wait until people actually read the CARES act and see what was in it!

All the virtue signaling about a profession is just dumb. Teachers are no more noble than first responders! First responders have lost jobs, they can't 'work from home.' Life is life and crap happens. We deal with it and move on. No one profession is immune from that nor should one be. Too much feelings and emotions rather than logical thought.....

What is your point? What is so bad about a teacher doing administrative work? I am sure it is within their job. Good no government employee should be getting paid to not work. In my Reserve unit I am a pilot but when I am not flying I don't sit around doing noting. Actually I never have nothing to do there. I am sure if something like this were to happen in DOD people would raise hell and burn **** down.

A teacher might only work 9-10 months. But that is all they get paid for. They spread the check over 12 months because people don't save money. If they worked through the summer then they should get paid more.

In my Reserve unit I am a pilot but when I am not flying I don't sit around doing noting
You're a pilot? That's really cool. We have a few students studying aerospace engineering, some of which work with our local airport. They're not pilots, but some either aspire to be or work with the equipment.

It offended me because I didn't get any context.

I wasn't complaining about people working (or not) while schools were closed. Work is work. You were saying that teachers were being paid while not working. I was providing some context.

Ok.

Back