• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Crankshaft watch question...

reggavegga

I am Jim Jannard...
Premium Member
Lifetime Member
Cincinnati, Ohio
This is the second watch that I purchased years back. First one was a Timebomb which was on Overstock.com for 380.00 back in 2003.. The crankshaft was on the Ovault website years back for 188.00. Anyway I have not worn the Crankshaft in years and decided to sport it yesterday while out found out that it wasn't working so decided it was the battery. Bought a new battery and put it in and still doesn't work ..any ideas ?

Try pulling the stem out and then back in a few times. Also try putting the battery in backwards for a few mins. then back in properly to see if it starts... If all else fails, call Oakley to send it in for repair.. hope this helps...

IMG_5780.JPG
Keep us posted......This is part of my 50+ watch collection....

This is the second watch that I purchased years back. First one was a Timebomb which was on Overstock.com for 380.00 back in 2003.. The crankshaft was on the Ovault website years back for 188.00. Anyway I have not worn the Crankshaft in years and decided to sport it yesterday while out found out that it wasn't working so decided it was the battery. Bought a new battery and put it in and still doesn't work ..any ideas ?

Do you mean a Crankcase?

try putting the battery in backwards for a few mins. then back in properly to see if it starts...

Where does that advice come from? DC electronics tend to not like it when you reverse polarity. At best, it does nothing. At worst, it damages things. I have never heard of any watch movement designed to have the battery inserted backwards as a troubleshooting step, and these just use standard Ronda movements.

Back