• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Custom Carbon Fibre Juliets - my homage to this wonderful design

@dragonvoi @Jimbabwe thank you, much appreciated and thank you for the offer of the loaner Romeos .... I have some wonderful ideas on those :D

I never actually realised that anyone else would be interested, so I will be making some more, I will increase the number of moulds too.

But, it does bring up a difficult question and it's this, for me, these were are my attempt at creating a set of my favourite X Metal frames, but in carbon fibre (which I love) in the way that I always envisaged and unfortunately Oakley never made :(.

If I were to make more of these, isn't that creating a copy/replica and therefore frowned upon? I'd really love you're opinions on this :idk:

@dragonvoi @Jimbabwe thank you, much appreciated and thank you for the offer of the loaner Romeos .... I have some wonderful ideas on those :D

I never actually realised that anyone else would be interested, so I will be making some more, I will increase the number of moulds too.

But, it does bring up a difficult question and it's this, for me, these were are my attempt at creating a set of my favourite X Metal frames, but in carbon fibre (which I love) in the way that I always envisaged and unfortunately Oakley never made :(.

If I were to make more of these, isn't that creating a copy/replica and therefore frowned upon? I'd really love you're opinions on this :idk:

I've got a feeling that you'd be looking at frowned upon with time 'inside'.......I'm afraid...........

To call these awesome wouldn't even begin to do justice to what you've done. I'll gladly get in line for one based on an R1.

However, the case looks more like a porpoise....

Very impressive, quick question and maybe I missed. So the final pair is solid carbon fiber correct? I got a little lost with the whole multi step mold thing. This could very well be the most awesome pair of Oakley customs I have seen.

Back