• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Cut The Cable Cord

And I beg to differ with your hoax statement.

Almost every major TV provider has lost TV subscribers. Others are scaling back on the TV side of things. Why does every major ISP emphasize data speeds? They don't promote the TV like they used to.

Where are these people going?
They're going to pay more for 7 different streaming services vs 1 cable or satellite provider. Fact! The hoax isn't that people aren't doing it, its that they were tricked into doing it for a litany of reasons that are now proving to be false.

They're going to pay more for 7 different streaming services vs 1 cable or satellite provider. Fact! The hoax isn't that people aren't doing it, its that they were tricked into doing it for a litany of reasons that are now proving to be false.
I've never heard of cord cutters paying for seven different streaming services. One or maybe two, if they want a HBO or something like that.

The savings is dwindling, yes, but all hope is not lost.

Cable and satellite are not getting any cheaper either.

And you gotta pay somebody for bandwidth.

I've never heard of cord cutters paying for seven different streaming services. One or maybe two, if they want a HBO or something like that.

The savings is dwindling, yes, but all hope is not lost.

Cable and satellite are not getting any cheaper either.

And Youngotta pay somebody for bandwidth.
You're 100% wrong bro. Disney and DC are both set to roll out their own streaming services. YouTube just added all kinds of discovery channel content and of course increased their price. When Disney content isn't available on Netflix anymore do you really think Netflix price will decrease? ESPN+ ain't gonna be $4.99 for much longer. DAZN has already increased their price. As live sports licensing proliferates rates will increase dramatically! Its only gonna get worse.

You're 100% wrong bro. Disney and DC are both set to roll out their own streaming services. YouTube just added all kinds of discovery channel content and of course increased their price. When Disney content isn't available on Netflix anymore do you really think Netflix price will decrease? ESPN+ ain't gonna be $4.99 for much longer. DAZN has already increased their price. As live sports licensing proliferates rates will increase dramatically! Its only gonna get worse.
It has already been established when stuff gets taken away, the price does not decrease. Netflix catalog has been decreasing and they just went up on fees. When the cableco or dish has a disagreement with a TV group, the channel gets yanked and there is no replacement and no price cut either.

People will pay for what they want. CBS All access, HBO, etc are examples of that.

ESPN... I had no idea they had their own stand alone streaming service. I also never heard of anyone who really wants ESPN that bad to pay for it. The price is going up because they paid a boatload of cash for MMA (?) rights. Hmmmm. People seem willing enough to go to a bar for that. Their baseball is a joke. MNF is a farce. No one really watches that channel for their quality, that's for sure. ESPN has survived all this time because Disney forced the TV providers to carry it.

No one in their right mind will have 7 streaming services to save money.

Folks who are desperate for sports will pay and pay dearly. I feel the pain with the $8.25 monthly fee for sports on the cable bill.

Last edited:
It has already been established when stuff gets taken away, the price does not decrease. Netflix catalog has been decreasing and they just went up on fees. When the cableco or dish has a disagree with a TV group, the channel gets yanked and there is no replacement and no price cut either.

People will pay for what they want. CBS All access, HBO, etc are examples of that.

ESPN... I had no idea they had their own stand alone streaming service. I also never heard of anyone who really wants ESPN that bad to pay for it. The price is going up because they paid a boatload of cash for MMA (?) rights. Hmmmm. People seem willing enough to go to a bar for that. Their baseball is a joke. MNF is a farce. No one really watches that channel for their quality, that's for sure. I agree with you on that part. ESPN has survived all this time because Disney forced the TV providers to carry it.

No one in their right mind will have 7 streaming services to save money.

Folks who are desperate for sports will pay and pay dearly. I feel the pain with the $8.25 monthly fee for sports on the cable bill.
You're missing the whole point. Folks WERE cutting the cord to save money. That is very soon to not be the case anymore.

Netflix
AppleTV
Sling
Hulu
Disney+
HBO Go
Prime
ESPN+
DC universe
Showtime
DAZN
Playstation Vue
YouTube
Fubu
CBS
Etc.....

The most intriguing part is that for each service there is something they can't offer, meaning you will have to get it elsewhere, meaning an additional service. That is the trend. Rates are increasing and bloated unwanted content with it. Sound familiar? That's cable, lol!

And the funniest part is that people really think ISP's aren't gonna charge more and more for bandwidth while they lose more and more TV subscribers!

You're missing the whole point. Folks WERE cutting the cord to save money. That is very soon to not be the case anymore.

Netflix
AppleTV
Sling
Hulu
Disney+
HBO Go
Prime
ESPN+
DC universe
Showtime
DAZN
Playstation Vue
YouTube
Fubu
CBS
Etc.....

The most intriguing part is that for each service there is something they can't offer, meaning you will have to get it elsewhere, meaning an additional service. That is the trend. Rates are increasing and bloated unwanted content with it. Sound familiar? That's cable, lol!

And the funniest part is that people really think ISP's aren't gonna charge more and more for bandwidth while they lose more and more TV subscribers!
Ok.

You're right. I'm wrong.

Ok.

You're right. I'm wrong.
Lol, it ain't about right and wrong. It's about not recognizing the market trends. Folks were sold a bill of goods and now the goods are spoiling. Streaming is not going to be the streamlined cost saving simplicity that everyone thought it was gonna be!

Back