• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

"Deal" threads usefulness

CarGuy

Finally got rid of the default title...
Premium Member
Lifetime Member
Am I alone in feeling that "deal" threads are superfluous and detract from the purpose of exchange forums?
Basically chaff? Isn't that what feedback is for without muddying up the forums?
I get that to use feedback you would need a thread to begin with, so if there wasn't one then make one and then lock the "deal" thread so searchers can see at the sub-forum level that it is locked/closed.

Yeah the only purpose of "deal" threads is to create a URL for the mandatory field when leaving feedback for deals that don't already have an exchange thread.

And I lock them as soon as I create them; no point for discussion there.

Really, they should remove the mandatory requirement for an URL when leaving feedback. It serves no practical purpose - if people are going to create BS feedback to shill their rating, requiring them to create a deal thread doesn't stop that.

I don't use that forum much, but I thought the buying/selling thread would do the job already for the feedback URL.

Some people are too wrapped up in their exchange rating.

As long as it's more than 3 and 100% it doesn't really matter. In fact if it's really high I might be less prone to cut you a deal since you've obviously got the cash, so why are we haggling over $5? PAY UP

They really exist to try to eliminate fake deals. I do understand that if you really wanted to, you could create them, but we do also monitor IP addresses to ensure people are not using duplicate accounts. We have caught many of these people who have faced reprocussions. Deal threads also can provide some additional info around the deal - i.e what was traded, when etc.

Back