• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Do You Have The Right Tool For Your X-Metal?

But ordinary t6 screw driver would also do?

The small screws are very easily damaged by a badly fitting screw driver and many reasonably priced t6 drivers are slightly off in size making it easier to damage the screw. If the screws aren't tightened much a normal screwdriver will probably do fine. With a screw that needs a bit more force to unscrew your chances of getting it out undamaged is a lot better with a good screwdriver like Wiha or Wera.

That WIHA costs around $7 shipped, How much are you looking to save by using a cheaper generic T6 screwdriver? $4? Do you really want to use an ordinary T6 on your $500 pairs? But hey, go for it, as much as I and many others don't recommend it, knock your self out.
Cheers[/QUOT
The small screws are very easily damaged by a badly fitting screw driver and many reasonably priced t6 drivers are slightly off in size making it easier to damage the screw. If the screws aren't tightened much a normal screwdriver will probably do fine. With a screw that needs a bit more force to unscrew your chances of getting it out undamaged is a lot better with a good screwdriver like Wiha or Wera.

Yeah right could use ordinary screw driver if just to tighten little bit without forcing

It will probably work. Check to see if it fits well first. If there is any wiggle room I'd get a good one asap

Just encase anyone needs it, i am a distributor for wera, if you find a wera tool you like let me know i can save you a ton. Obviously only for members and only for oakley related projects

I have both the Wiha and Wera T6s, and I like the Wera better. I think they fit more securely.

I have both the Wiha and Wera T6s, and I like the Wera better. I think they fit more securely.
How do you like the handle on the Wera ? The shape looks really odd, so I'm wondering what it's like to use a driver with a handle shaped like that rather than one with a more conventional profile.

I have the regular precision screwdriver.
Wera 05030122001 from Amazon....

21HtVeROdCL.jpg

Can you people tell me what key i need for the orbital screws for Juliet and XX .

Enviado do meu GT-S7580 através de Tapatalk

Back