• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Do you really think this is one big happy Oakley Family?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rmontez

I am Jim Jannard...
Premium Member
Lifetime Member
Wisconsin
I don't get why people think someone owes them something when they find rare or discontinued item. I understand some of you are close and know each well but for the most part none of you have ever met each other. So why is it when someone finds something others want they feel it should be given to them at cost? Why is it acceptable for some forum members to mark up their items double and triple what they paid for them but others get raked over the coals? I don't think anyone owes anyone anything here. If you don't like the price people put on stuff move on or show some initiative go out and discover your own rare Oakley treasures and sell them for what you see fit. Otherwise just move on and leave it be.

And why ask "How much were these new?" - everyone knows what stuff cost new. How much were x-metals new? How much were C-Six new? How much were OTT new? Why are these marked 3x to 5x more than the new price? Employee ID's - bottle openers - holiday giveaways were technically free so why are forum members selling them on here for $100's of dollars when they were free? You should just be giving the away if you're done with them right?

Most of the time when someone does find a forum member to sell cheap they end up turning around and making a big profit. But again it's ok for some but not others.

I feel the same exact way but when you think of it, it's the buyers that set trends and this so called "market". Once you get a few buyers they start a trend and then sellers claim that this is the "value of this piece". As long as there is buyers willing to dump all their money on a over priced piece the sellers will have all the power.

I agree with you @Jmgarcia it's worth whatever people will pay.

I haven't been here long but it's a good group I think. All the dealings I've had people have been true to thier word and that's the most important to me.

Idk if u have a deal, u have a deal.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

This.

What my C-six cost New or my OTT were priced at when I found them on a dusty shelf in the back room of an optometrist's office I'll tell you if I know ( some even have the tag on them!)...however, that is completely irrelevant to what I'm asking for them now should I choose to sell them here, Craigslist, or eBay.

Welcome to capitalism in its purest form. NONE of us NEED any of the things we sell in here. If it's too much, walk away. If the deal suits you, crack open the wallet. I grit my teeth in here at least 10 times a month because I see stuff I want and I won't put it in the O budget.

I've never felt any member in here owed me anything, and I'm not beholden to any of them.

I don't get why people think someone owes them something when they find rare or discontinued item. I understand some of you are close and know each well but for the most part none of you have ever met each other. So why is it when someone finds something others want they feel it should be given to them at cost? Why is it acceptable for some forum members to mark up their items double and triple what they paid for them but others get raked over the coals? I don't think anyone owes anyone anything here. If you don't like the price people put on stuff move on or show some initiative go out and discover your own rare Oakley treasures and sell them for what you see fit. Otherwise just move on and leave it be.

And why ask "How much were these new?" - everyone knows what stuff cost new. How much were x-metals new? How much were C-Six new? How much were OTT new? Why are these marked 3x to 5x more than the new price? Employee ID's - bottle openers - holiday giveaways were technically free so why are forum members selling them on here for $100's of dollars when they were free? You should just be giving the away if you're done with them right?

Most of the time when someone does find a forum member to sell cheap they end up turning around and making a big profit. But again it's ok for some but not others.
You have more of a trader history than actually being part of the Oakley community...

I suggest posting more and getting acclaimed with members and the going rate for Oakleys that you plan on buying/selling in the future...

You have more of a trader history than actually being part of the Oakley community...

I suggest posting more and getting acclaimed with members and the going rate for Oakleys that you plan on buying/selling in the future...

I'm not sure what you mean. When a buyer deals with me they will get exactly what I tell them with no excuses as to why I couldn't ship when I said or why my item isn't as described. And more than likely it will be to the advantage of the buyer.

I don't need 7,000 posts of emoji's or making comments that say "Just here for the popcorn" in order to get my thread count high.

Nobody here owes anyone else a damn thing.

That being said, the majority of us are here to help one another. When someone posts a thread showing a crate full of parts and asks if anyone wants him to pick up something for them, just pay the shipping, I expect them to follow through. What I don't expect is for them to come back the next day and tell me all about how their wife decided that their time and gas was worth more, especially when the dude was already at the store buying ****. Then to make it worse, say that he will still trade you the stuff he picked up for you but then turn around and make a thread for trading at all to whoever.

I'm all for making a few bucks to pay for my stuff, I think everyone knows that and most people do the same. Just don't claim to be picking up stuff for people of you're not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back