• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Done with Oakleys :(

Moving on.

Was indoors for 4 months and now I get a rude shock when I was looking at my stuff.

Yeah yeah, I know...sunscreen, lotion, gels - I never use that stuff and none of that ever came into contact with these lenses. These were nicely wrapped in the same plastic covers that they came wrapped in, and they were stored in their case in my wardrobe.

I am done with Oakley. My enthusiasm made me pile up a sizeable collection over the past year. Now, I will wait to watch all of them die a slow, unglorious, delaminated death, and I won't, ever won't pay for sunglasses that cost the wrong side of $150 only to turn into a pile of turd when stored safely inside a case.

A shoutout and thanks to all the nice members over here who did enhance my knowledge on the brand and its products and answered my numerous queries. See y'all somewhere else!

View attachment 780953
View attachment 780954
View attachment 780955
Same thing happened to a few pairs of mine. Pretty depressing when you spend so much money. I called Oakley they couldn't do anything. I'm not done
Moving on.

Was indoors for 4 months and now I get a rude shock when I was looking at my stuff.

Yeah yeah, I know...sunscreen, lotion, gels - I never use that stuff and none of that ever came into contact with these lenses. These were nicely wrapped in the same plastic covers that they came wrapped in, and they were stored in their case in my wardrobe.

I am done with Oakley. My enthusiasm made me pile up a sizeable collection over the past year. Now, I will wait to watch all of them die a slow, unglorious, delaminated death, and I won't, ever won't pay for sunglasses that cost the wrong side of $150 only to turn into a pile of turd when stored safely inside a case.

A shoutout and thanks to all the nice members over here who did enhance my knowledge on the brand and its products and answered my numerous queries. See y'all somewhere else!

View attachment 780953
View attachment 780954
View attachment 780955

Moving on.

A shoutout and thanks to all the nice members over here who did enhance my knowledge on the brand and its products and answered my numerous queries. See y'all
I feel you man.. SO$$$ just to have a shotty product half the time and the worst customer service I've ever seen... we need Jim back.

Appears it mostly happen to full rim glasses?

Half rim are easier to clean.

You can rinse them under the lukewarm tap, and nothing gets stuck in the frame, could this be true?

Last edited:
Back