• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Done with Oakleys :(

kmbijit

I should Work at Oakley
Moving on.

Was indoors for 4 months and now I get a rude shock when I was looking at my stuff.

Yeah yeah, I know...sunscreen, lotion, gels - I never use that stuff and none of that ever came into contact with these lenses. These were nicely wrapped in the same plastic covers that they came wrapped in, and they were stored in their case in my wardrobe.

I am done with Oakley. My enthusiasm made me pile up a sizeable collection over the past year. Now, I will wait to watch all of them die a slow, unglorious, delaminated death, and I won't, ever won't pay for sunglasses that cost the wrong side of $150 only to turn into a pile of turd when stored safely inside a case.

A shoutout and thanks to all the nice members over here who did enhance my knowledge on the brand and its products and answered my numerous queries. See y'all somewhere else!

20200826_195225-43.jpg

20200826_195038-41.jpg

20200826_195154-42.jpg

must be a humidity issue.... i got plenty of radarlocks, never used, stored in bag and cases. Frames and lenses are still as brand new. I live in a temperate non humid country. Never gets really cold, never gets really hot and humid :cool:

plastic covers that they came wrapped in,

there is the culprit imo. Plastic will trap humidity.

I have never received Oakleys wrapped in plastic by the way, they don't come from Oakley that way. Not the models i have at least.

Like @TomTucker said humidity kills. It's happened to a lot of us. You've been here long enough to have seen that happen to others. I had a Gen 1 Valve last summer do that. I wore it one day set it on a shelf by the door, a few days later when I went to put it back in my display case and the lenses were completely delaminated. More recently it happened to one of my Flak 2.0's. It's no reason to give up on the brand. Just my 2¢.

Latest Posts

Back