• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Double Tap battery

When I got mine from the O store it was incredibly tight, I couldn’t open it without a lot of force. Second time it was opened (by a member here for a fix) again, the watch was stupidly tight, he even said he believed he wouldn’t be able to open it. So, with all this, either it is a safety feature, some weird effect with the water seal, or we are just dumb and tighten this thing to the max twice
Good to hear- I’ll post a follow-up after the other jeweler gets back to me.

Good to hear- I’ll post a follow-up after the other jeweler gets back to me.
Most oakley watches come tight as f***. Half the time they need a machine to crank the back off only specific jewelers will be able to handle it. Although any decent seller would say that before hand before completing the purchase. Best of luck in the battery repair.

I had no idea. Luckily, the second one I took it to has experience with Oakley watches.
That’s good. It’s not
Just the newer watches either I’ve had blades that were crazy tight as well. I’m guessing it has to do with the 10 bar approval.

@shofzr might be able to answer that.

@shofzr might be able to answer that.

For tight case backs you want an opener with a vice and positive engagement to prevent slipping and damage to the case back.
4121098e6092ece91ac835d698212022.jpg

Yes thanks @shofzr
If your jeweler doesn’t have a vice and owns a repair shop, he’s not a real jeweler. Just saying. That’s basic 101

oakley watches have been sitting for years at times, so that amount of force is usually understandable.

The seller of the watch is me and the watch was bought as i told the buyer new at end of 2015. Worn couple of times and remained in its case . the battery died after almost 4 years and i sold it stating that the battery is dead
Noone has touched the back case .
So where is the whole shady of the discussion?
You tell me that a jeweler of yours found the back case very tight. So what the point in that?

Moreover this is the back case of the watch
Whoever knows can see that the areas that the instrument of losing the back case is untouched and that the whole back case is mint free from any scratch , untouched . the marked in circle is moisture left over from the hand
Moreover i reply to the buyer why a watch that its battery has ended is defect? Damn those change for 2-3 bucks.

1605718380217.png

Back