• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Early monster dog with "oakley " logo on bridge fake or not ???

I have a pair of crystal black, I will check when I get home. I never got the illustrated box though.

Authentic, no doubt
thanks to give the real autentication to me , i use them all day today and they feel fine , quality lenses so they are not fake
but tell me , what details tell you that they are authentic ???
the good constrution that you can see on photos , that you dont see on the knock offs like good detail logo on arms etc etc ??
or are you aware that the early models have the " oakley" logo on bridge ?
thanks

i usually dont have problem to detect fake ones , just doubt of the authenticy of this ones cause i dont know about mosnter dog with oakley logo on bridge
i know that sometimes on photos on ebay its dificult to detect fakes but if you have them on your hand its so easy to guess , even with close eyes
on the good fake frames if they are polarized you will see distortion on lenses , the chinese polarized fake usually dont have good lenses , they use a type of polaroid lenses that i think is no good comparing with oakley polarization that the polarization is introduced on the lens , and its not a sheet of polarized between layers of lenses like that fake chinese polarized lenses , and if you look to your face on the coating of lenses you will see your face deform and distorted .
sorry for my english but i think you understand me .
but even on oakley authentic polarized lensesand only on the polarized ones , i detect some distortion on polarized garage rock authentic and i want to discuss that on another post
usually i identify distortion looking trough the lenses to a far away place or landscape like montains or clouds , i move the lenses up and down right and left and if you have a good eye , if you see the landscape changing shape or moving too much usually you have distortion on lenses
its funny cause i have a pair of polarized Hijinx and i can t identify any distortion the lenses are perfect , maybe the garage rock polarized lenses have some problem on the factory i dont know or its just me being to much perfect , but its funny cause i explain the case to oakley and they give another pair of polarized for the garage rock , i was not happy with lenses again and i purpose to return that polarized lenses for a pair of non polarized black iridium and no distortion at all on the non polarized off course , i was happy , i stiill have the original pair of polarized lenses .
trying to explain you and this is a little off topic , what i identify was like an horizontal distortion line trough all the lenses , just in one lenses !!!!!!
and i know that the polarized lenses reduce the light distortion but i am talking of optical or visual distortion on lenses that you can see on the material of lenses

Kind of late but here's a tip if not already known.

So I know one way you can authenticate legit ones....I have never come across a fake pair that actually uses metal in their icons.....Oakley Uses real metal in MOST of their glasses with a few exceptions in some early models and some special edition models..(Bob burnquist...)
If you put a magnet near the icon, it will attract.

Kind of late but here's a tip if not already known.

So I know one way you can authenticate legit ones....I have never come across a fake pair that actually uses metal in their icons.....Oakley Uses real metal in MOST of their glasses with a few exceptions in some early models and some special edition models..(Bob burnquist...)
If you put a magnet near the icon, it will attract.

I never gave it much thought but I was under the impression that the icons were made of aluminum and then anodized. Aluminum doesnt attract a magnet. Ive personally never seen an icon rust.

I bead blastet an Icon of a Monster Dog and it turned red like copper. But also not magnetic.

Latest Posts

Back